Rabbit Dogs banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I can't say enough good things about this dog. Not only is he a Field Champion but he is Also the 2015 AKC National Gun Dog Brace Big Male Champion. The Dog is not the fastest or if you want to run in front of him that is not a problem but whatever you do don't make a mistake. He runs the rabbit at all times regardless of what the other dogs are doing. He can run whatever speed you dictate but will always run the rabbit and not race you. I was honored to get to spend 3 days with Space and his pal Whisky. Space is the Sire of the pups I have run for the last 2 years. I am posing several videos in hopes that you guys will enjoy half as much as I enjoyed doing them. The conditions were terrible so they had to work hard. It rained hard for 2 days and then turned cold. The ground froze and then we got 3" of snow. The day we ran it was in the teens that morning. but warmed up to 33 by afternoon so the snow melted where the sun was shining. We had 30 miles per hour winds. This is the first of several videos. It is my Big Female Sky 1 1/2 Years old running with Space. Space is the Lemon dog.

·
Registered
3,197 Posts
Great bunch of dogs and super video work. Thank you Mark for sharing those videos. Not too many people would be out under those conditions running dogs and making videos.
Spoken like a southern gentleman!! The Yankees wish it was that good at times!!
No disrespect to anyone btw

·
Registered
3,197 Posts
Matter of fact I believe I’ve seen some skyview videos of him up this way. I can’t recall exactly when it was but conditions had at least a fair chance of not being good some days.
Where did the dog finish btw? I assume gun dog brace??
I enjoy your videos

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Great bunch of dogs and super video work. Thank you Mark for sharing those videos. Not too many people would be out under those conditions running dogs and making videos.
I love having the dogs out in the tough conditions. I want to show dogs running in the worst of conditions. i can tell you my hands were froze. I was honored when Colin asked if I wanted to keep him a few days while he was headed to KY. to judge. He actually wanted me to keep him a while but I know the value of him and I did not want to be responsible even though he assured me if anything happened he new he was leaving him in good care. What a shame I did not get EZ bred to him.

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Matter of fact I believe I’ve seen some skyview videos of him up this way. I can’t recall exactly when it was but conditions had at least a fair chance of not being good some days.
Where did the dog finish btw? I assume gun dog brace??
I enjoy your videos
Actually he had several places in SPO and a win. Those conditions we were running in those videos the dogs had to back off in order to run the rabbit. Space had the ability to pick up and runwith the fast dogs but he would punish you for your mistakes. He belonged to Colin and his daughter Madison O'Drain.from New Jersey. II think he had 10 seconds and also won the Gun Dog Brace National in 2015

·
Registered
3,197 Posts
Actually he had several places in SPO and a win. Those conditions we were running in those videos the dogs had to back off in order to run the rabbit. Space had the ability to pick up and runwith the fast dogs but he would punish you for your mistakes. He belonged to Colin and his daughter Madison O'Drain.from New Jersey. II think he had 10 seconds and also won the Gun Dog Brace National in 2015
Very nice​

·
Registered
3,256 Posts
Mark I have been trying to remember the names of you dogs from years back. I started watching your videos of packs (EZ was in them) and loved how they ran. I don't have the patience to watch long videos so I usually shut them down after a few minutes. Your videos attract me like the movie "Dances with Wolves". I must have watched that movie a dozen times or more. Keep the videos coming if you are willing. I like the no admission fee and can do my own popcorn, so I am set. And thanks again for sharing your videos since they reconnect this old burnt out beagler with the past.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts