i think it clicked

Discussion in 'Rabbit Hunting and Beagling' started by blubeagle, Apr 9, 2010.

1. well guys ...i took Gypsy out for a little bunny time this evening...i took the first bunny out and hid it real good in a brush pile...no line...just put it in there!!...well she started tearing up the brush...from one pile to another!...she finally jumped it...very short sight chase and she caught it!...so..i get out bunny number two!!...i put this one down in the edge of the field...and let it hop into the brush...(without her seeing)..turned her loose...she was very anxious to find that thing!!....i started her off about 50 yards from where the bunny was at!!!...SHE WAS HUNTING HARD!!!...next thing you know...she crossed the line the rabbit left!!...nose down...a couple yelps...and she jumped it!!!...short sight chase...she caught it!!!!...time for bunny number three!!!...(the runner)...so again...i turned it loose in the field!...(pup not seeing it!)...i waited until it had ran across the field...and into the brush and out of sight!...i turned her loose!!...and i couldnt believe the next part!!!...she took off...nose down...barking on the track!!!...across the field and into the brush pile!!!...jumped the rabbit...short sight chase...it got away from her and ran off!!...this pup put her nose down...and ran the line...barking!!!...i seen the rabbit go down the hill..between two sheds out the other side and down a gravel driveway!!!...her she comes...nose down tracking and barking!!!..right down the driveway...rabbit turned right...back up the hill...she just keeps moving the line right up through there!!!...i seen the rabbit...back in the field where it started!!!...she tracks right up to the field where the rabbit had just hunkered down in the field!!...she was just barking and tracking along...when she jumped it again!!!...sight chase is on again!!!...it gets away from her...back down...between the two sheds again!!!...well she is just barking...tracking along...and i seen the rabbit go under an old house!!!...well she tracked it right up to where it went under...and she goes under!!!...i was expecting it to shoot out on the other side...but it didnt....i guess there must be a hole under there...cause it didnt come out!!!...so to end the story!!...i lost my best bunny!!!...but it was well worth it!!!...can you believe this???...3 months and 18 days old!!!...i got a little plan for tomorrow!!!

2. she might find the bunny tomorrow!!!...i hope...LOL...he was starting to figure out he needed to run!!...LOL

3. rebelbeagle

rebelbeagle New Member

wv
    Are talking about your redtick right can you post some more pics of her,did you forget the video camera? i would have like to see that thats great when the young ones start early. :thumb:

4. yep...3 months and 18 days old!!!...i am very proud of her...and somewhat amazed!!![​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    these arent real recent...but its her...in the last one i was trying to show her bloody tail...LOL...as you can see...the last one was about a month ago!!!...with a bloody tail...i cant even believe this...and i see it!!!!...LOL

5. and YES...i am kicking my own butt as we speak...for not taking the video camera!!!!!

6. rebelbeagle

rebelbeagle New Member

wv
    She is a good looking dog. Let me know if you breed one of your other females anytime in the near future. You did say you was going to breed them with Bommer right.

7. yep...just waiting on her!!!...LOL

8. Michael Gerace

Michael Gerace Well-Known Member

Man that is fantastic:clap::clap::clap: Beautiful hound!!

9. thanks a lot!!!

10. daveh

daveh Active Member

man that is one good lookin pup. and sounds like she is now a rabbitdog, great job.:up:

11. bterry

bterry New Member

Sounds like its time to put those rabbits away and get her on nothing but wild rabbits good luck with her.

12. thats the plan!...i take her out now with my one year olds...she goes with them when they are close enough...she just cant quite stay up with them...i am hoping she jumps one soon...i just know she will run it!!!...just trying to give her as much opportunity as i can give her!...and thanks!

13. That red pup looks good. What is she out of?

14. that a good looking pup

15. bluecap X lilly creek

16. well guys...i took her out yesterday morning to a little thicket where i knew there were some rabbits around close!!!...and sure enough at 3 months and 25 days old...she took off...trailing them rabbits all over the place...i am so proud of her!!!...thanks for all the compliments!!!...i got all that on video if you want it on here let me know!!!

17. bglernr

bglernr New Member

ny
    thats amazing she is a gorgeous dog continued good luck with her

18. bterry

bterry New Member

Thats awesome that you have her going so young good luck with her and keep us posted on her progress