Rabbit Dogs banner

I Switched Dog Food

7K views 48 replies 27 participants last post by  WTV 
#1 ·
I switched dog food today . I didn’t like the loose stools . I was feeding Diamond Chicken & Rice all life stages . I switched to Victor High Energy ( red bag ) . I haven’t feed it yet and will gradually switch them and see if their stools firm up . When I was feeding Pro Plan Sport , you could pick it up with your hand , but at $84 dollars for 50 # it just got to expensive for me .

#8 ·
Was always doing PP 30/20 and tried most others in the past but nothing fed as well. Going to try nutrisource super perf next as I love their small puppy. Have access at distributor nearby for 47 / 40lb bag. We will see.
midwest Greyhound supply just quoted 60. /37.5 on pp 30/20 delivered to doorstep in 30 bag min. If the nutrisource isnt an equal i'll prob suck it up and pay it. PP so overpriced

#16 ·
I might have made a mistake getting the red bag because one of my dogs is a little overweight . I will have to keep a watch on his weight and how much that I am feeding . But what I am feeding on has more calories per cup and more protein , just not as much fat .
Calories per cup : 421 vs 412
Protein : 26 vs 24
Fat : 16 vs 20

#19 ·
I've fed pro plan for many years and with the price increases, decided to try Inukshuk for about the same price per pound online to see if may be worth the switch and look at buying in bulk. I've been using it for a few that are running frequently and they're doing well with it so far, anxious to see how they hold up on it during the cold months.

#21 ·
Was also feeling pp 30/20 until the price got crazy, Decided on Victor plus 30/20. As good as pp for a lot less. got an email from purina that they increased the points when your a pro club member. For me not worth the aggravation of sending in receipts. I wish they’re price was more competitive because they do a lot to promote sporting dog events.

#26 ·
I am happy with the dogs stools now . It might be firmer than ProPlan. I have been gradually mixing it with their old feed for 2 weeks now . I am almost out of their old feed and mixing in just about 25% now . They will probably be totally switched over by Friday . It makes cleaning the kennels a lot easier , especially since I have 2 on gravel . This is from the dog that use to have poop that I couldn’t hardly shovel up .
Road surface Asphalt Grey Sand Concrete

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.