I bought another female that Ive been wanting

Discussion in 'Rabbit Hunting and Beagling' started by FB, Jan 6, 2010.

1. FB

FB Administrator Staff Member

Her name is Spring River Left You There and she is a full litter mate sister to a female of mine, Spring River Hoppy. They are double Little Nip Otis and also have Trackem Rite Run and Gun Hossbreeze in their pedigree.

I tried to buy her a couple of years ago and the guy wouldnt sell her but I guess I caught him at the right time (for me anyway), last Saturday. I think I was more excited that day than I was Christmas morning!

Ive been trying to line breed Otis and Hossbreeze and this should really help me out with that.

Ive got a male out of Hoppy that I really like and I plan to breed her to Lefty which is his aunt.

I also plan to breed Gus (Hoppy's son that is sired by FC Sam's Hustling Otis-he's a Little Nip Otis so with another cross of Otis) to a female that I have out of Hoppy if she turns into the dog that she looks like she's going to. She is sired by a Hossbreeze grandson and that would be a half brother/half sister cross.

Im a firm believer in line breeding but Ill have to wait a year or two to let yall know if any of this worked or not...

2. Well, this is Arkansas.:thumb:

3. FB

Gotta keep puttin' that good blood back in there. :wink:

4. Is she as good as hoppy

5. FB

She used to be. Tim and Leonard actually liked her the best out of the litter. She hasnt been run much lately and is a little out of shape right now.

6. john c

john c New Member

Good luck with her FB and congratulations on getting her.