Hunted today

Discussion in 'Rabbit Hunting and Beagling' started by dandt07, Feb 27, 2010.

1. Went hunting today with crossroads (keith) and a few buddy's from greenbrier today. We had some outstanding running. We got 2 rabbits and one miss, my son killed his first wild rabbit today, he was excited and so was i. (crossroads) had a little problem this morning, but im not saying what it was, if you want to know you will have to ask him....lol.

2. We went this mornin, and didn't do so good. We had three or four races and that was it. Managed to get one, and then the dogs found a nest with three little baby swampers in it. :down: So we left.

3. I didnt know they had little ones already

4. Hoot

Hoot New Member

s.c.
    yep i got into a nest last year in mid febuary first time a had ever done that, but we had,had a warm spell a month or so before then.I went to N.C. today with some friends killed 5 and had some pretty good races.already missing it and it only been a couple hours since the season closed up there.But got a couple more days left here at home taking off monday to go finish off the year:down:

5. yeah, me either. But my dogs got to nosing around in some swamp grass, and wouldn't leave. So I went over there thinking that they had a mouse or something, and heard one squeel. Raked the grass back and found three little babies with their eyes still closed. I knew the dogs were gonna kill them, so I brought 'em home to the wife, she likes to adopt stuff like that. But not before I get a big butt chewing and hear all about how terrible my dogs are to do something like that. :headscratch:

6. Hoot

Hoot New Member

s.c.
    wives got to love them huh!:up:

7. There no telling how much these dudes are fixing to cost me, and I can't convince her that they probably ain't gonna make it. lol

8. Hoot

Hoot New Member

s.c.
    we were hunting today and a friend of mine was eating a candy bar and he said ever thought you wanted something really bad and when you got it wasnt that good and i said yea, kinda like a wife HEHE!!

9. Hoot

Hoot New Member

s.c.
    yep should have just let the dogs had a snack