Rabbit Dogs banner
1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
275 Posts
Hey blubeagle how is your redtick doing talk about tall mine went above 15 that blew his chance at derby dog next year. :banghead:

·
Registered
560 Posts
Hey blubeagle how is your redtick doing talk about tall mine went above 15 that blew his chance at derby dog next year. :banghead:
she is doing great!... really starting to get in there and hammer it out with the other hounds!...real excited about the upcoming season!!!...what was your pup out of??

·
Registered
275 Posts
He is out of Whiteners Boomer11 and Andrews Rockey Creek Daisy, Didnt think he was going to get above 15 got fooled there,he will be a hunting dog now cant trial him.

·
Registered
275 Posts
He is doing real good he will be a year old the 27th of this month,the hunt part is a little slow at start but once he smells one hes got alot of hunt, still not barking alot by his self till another dog joins in with him he has a deep chop bark, he wears his upper and lower lip raw when he is out hunting,i think you put a picture of your little female doing the same.

·
Registered
560 Posts
He is doing real good he will be a year old the 27th of this month,the hunt part is a little slow at start but once he smells one hes got alot of hunt, still not barking alot by his self till another dog joins in with him he has a deep chop bark, he wears his upper and lower lip raw when he is out hunting,i think you put a picture of your little female doing the same.
yep...she was doing that at about 4 months old!!...LOL...at first...she would only run by herself...she had not figured out that the other hounds were doing what she was when i had her by herself...but it only took a time or two of the other hounds circling a rabbit back...and i would get her on it in front of the others...then she figured it out!...and is running right with them at not quite 7 months old!!...and she is pretty quick...if the scent is good...and she is in front of the others...she can stay in front of them...sometimes!!...LOL...very well pleased with her!!!...i havent measured her...but i would say she is a little over 13 inches...not quite 14 inches

·
Registered
560 Posts
gotta breed him to a small one!!...LOL...how big is the dam???...did you see her or Boomer run??...they say Boomer II is one heck of a hound!!!...fast fast fast!!!

·
Banned
325 Posts
Do not get discussed,get you a 100% WHITENER female and breed the two together and this should throw you mostly 13" and under hounds.The situation here with the size is outcrossing and Boomer dominated with his all but right at 15" height and some size could have come from the female.

·
Registered
520 Posts
Giles , getting back to your question. Your dog is probably too tall to trial, but if he runs a good rabbit and you are satisfied with hunting him, I would not worry about it . Hunt that dog and have a great time. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. So is hunting what you like..It as has already been said depends on what YOU want...K.J.

·
Registered
4,246 Posts
well if are going to feildtrail him yes he is to tall but as far as hunting him who cares if he is 25 inches tall and pink with white spots :up:as long as he gets the job done

·
Registered
560 Posts
your preference?

so what is your preference when it comes to the size of your beagles???...i prefer 13 inches and under!...but i will tolerate 14 inches if it is a real good hound!!

·
Registered
2,373 Posts
I prefer a 13 inch. Don't want to drop under 12, or go over a 14 inch beagle. When they get to 15 inches and over that's to tall for me, and i don't care how good a dog he is.

1 - 20 of 55 Posts