How much

Discussion in 'Beagle Health' started by rosco, Mar 23, 2010.

1. rosco

rosco New Member

Guys,

How much food to you give to your dogs a day ?

2. RKW

RKW Active Member

Rosco, I believe that the better the quality of the feed the less it takes. I feed Black Gold and 1 scoop full feeds 4 hounds and if I don't run them for a week they start to get too fat. The scoop I use is equivalent to about 1 and 1/4lb. of feed. If they don't clean their feed up I will cut back to the point that they do. I used to feed the cheaper feeds but my dogs ate more and looked worse. I have been feeding dogs for almost 50 years and tried about everything. Not that Black Gold is the best, there are others just as good and better but quality feeds are hard to beat and each feed has a reccomended feeding ration. Dogs that eat normally are pretty easy to care for compared to a finicky eater or one the inhales their feed.

Are you having issues with your dogs eating habits or the feed you are using?

Roger

3. we have been feeding pride 24/20 and we feed a cup to a cup and a half per day per dog

4. Bglenut

Bglenut New Member

Right now I am feeding Purina Dog Chow and I feed about 1cup to 1 1/2 cups per hound, just depends on each hound.

When I was trialing my hounds, I fed then Purnia Pro Plan and they got 1 cup to 1 1/4 cup each day.

5. beagleman01

beagleman01 Active Member

quailty feed u feed less and the dogs seem to do better

6. Beagler282

Beagler282 Active Member

GA
    I feed Proplan 26/16 mixed w/BlackGold 24/20.I feed my hounds 2 1/2 cups each day.I run 3 days out of 7.

7. The better the feed, the less you have to feed. I feed 1 to 1 1/2 cups per day per dog.