Rabbit Dogs banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,992 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was readin the post about what everyone feeds and I was wondering how much and how everyone else feeds their dogs. For example. My dogs are all 20-25 lbs. I run about twice a week. I feed all dogs 1 8 oz cup of feed. One 8 oz measuring cup of hi-tek rations hi pro is 3.5 oz. With 11 dogs at 3.5 oz of feed a day a 45 lb bag will last me 18 days. Basically there is 720 oz in a 45lb bag (45lb x 16oz = 720). I feed a total of 38.5 oz a day (3.5oz x 11 = 38.5oz).

And actually I think I'm gonna cut down to 3/4 cup and see what happens.

·
Registered
2,857 Posts
I keep my dogs on full feed, and they go through 50 lbs in about two weeks to 18 days. I have five. They seem to be fine I can't see how your dogs ain't starving to death.

·
Registered
1,992 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
pics are on the "pictures and video" thread. i was feeding females 1 and males 2. now im feeding all one except derby female because shes big and her metabolism is through the roof.

·
Premium Member
3,041 Posts
I travel alot with my job so most of my dogs are on self feeders.

Most of em do OK that way but Ive got a few that over do it so theyre fed every day but I cant tell you how much it actually is. Its a soup can that I put about 3/4 full.

I like a little more weight on my dogs than some people do though.

·
Registered
2,827 Posts
Torbin,
I feed 26/18, ( HUNTERS CHOICE ) I feed 12 ounces a day. I run 3or 4 times a week.
I believe the quality of the food is the biggest factor. I was feeding 18 ounces of another food and my dogs were staving to death. On this food they look and run really good.

If your dogs look healthy you may be o.k. if they are to thin feed them more. Make sure you find a quality food with meat or chicken listed as the first 2 ingredents. My dogs also partake of beef and chicken left overs.

·
Registered
1,992 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I fed diamond professional years ago. Then went to black gold 26/18 then nutrena 26/18 then to diamond naturals chicken and rice. Then diamond premium. Now hi tek. So far hi tek has been the best. 22.80 a bag with a $6 delivery fee from Beaumont to Lafayette la. 6 bags come out to 23.80. Pretty good deal.

·
Registered
45 Posts
i'm looking for a good dog food, i'm not paying an arm and leg for. where do you get the hi tech? i'm mixing diamond hi energy with diamond maintence. seems like i have some dogs starving and some alittle over weight. i don't let them rob others feed either. i've changed feed before and the heavy ones would start getting poor and the poor ones would start gaining weight. i've feed rex's hi pro and its the only feed that all the hounds stay at an even weight. i don't like there maintence feed and don't feed hi pro in the warmer months. i think it tends to put hotspots and they loose more hair. just been my experience. the mix i'm using presently seems to be ok, but looking for just one type feed for them all.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts