Rabbit Dogs banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got two gyps out of all my dogs, that just dont like each other. You put them together in the kennel, and its on. You can kennel them up with anybody else, but just not each other. They will hook it up like two bulldogs, when they are out running there is no problem at all, but will not live together. Anybody else got this problem?:headscratch: Both of these gyps are alpha gyps I quess.

·
Premium Member
2,743 Posts
Sounds like they are trying to establish dominance. They might kill each other trying to find out which one is the top dog. Put shock collars on them and give them something else to think about.

·
Registered
2,365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have penned them both with younger females. That has solved the problem. I just never fiqured that two female beagles would hook it up like two pit bulls.

·
Premium Member
3,041 Posts
Ive had males that couldnt get along with each other but havent had the problem with any females yet.

·
Registered
508 Posts
Yes, I had two females that couldn't be kenneled, boxed, or leashed together in the woods or they would rip each other apart. Torn ears and open wounds where ever they could bite each other. They were fine when they were running. They would mount each other. I believe it was an alpha dog thing.

·
Registered
358 Posts
I had a male that was like that hunted with them all but i couldnt put another male with him that was mature. They are like pitbulls when they start fighting.

·
Registered
1,992 Posts
i have a male that only fights with one other male. he doesnt fight with any other males but that one. if i put him in the box last hes okay. if i put him in first he wont let the other male in. and last but not least dont put them together on the same lead.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts