Rabbit Dogs banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I paid for my subscription over two months ago and filled out all the necessary information. I still haven’t received an issue . So i decided to try and get in touch with them to make sure they had me on their subscription list because I am certain my money was withdrawn out of my account and I am paid up
I started three weeks ago trying to email them and called and left messages nobody has a email back or returned any phone calls. ?? Just curious if anybody has communicated with them lately? Something must be wrong?

·
Registered
679 Posts
Well I paid for my subscription over two months ago and filled out all the necessary information. I still haven’t received an issue . So i decided to try and get in touch with them to make sure they had me on their subscription list because I am certain my money was withdrawn out of my account and I am paid up
I started three weeks ago trying to email them and called and left messages nobody has a email back or returned any phone calls. ?? Just curious if anybody has communicated with them lately? Something must be wrong?
I know there are a lot of fellas on here that are connected to the magazine. They will get you the info needed for sure. Good luck!

·
Premium Member
1,001 Posts
Mack
U R Correct concerning the personal issues and COVID did not help as the trials were curtailed BUTT I received 10 of 12 copies and had to contac H&H on 3 other occasions.
Been a subscriber since the late 60's still have them -I REFUSE to pay the same price for any magazine subscription for Digital copy as I do a hard copy

Jim

·
Registered
3,494 Posts
Well it is hard to defend the pictures she sends of her personal hunts with an article but her business is going to crap. My guess is that she has become no longer interested or motivated. I bought my daughter a boutique when she graduated from college. She had worked there before we bought it. It was exactly what she had majored in in college. She did well for about two years and then lost interest.

·
Registered
79 Posts
I asked her over a year ago why she had time to go to Trials and hunts all across the country but didn't have time to return a call or email. She got upset and told me that what she did on her own time was none of my business. I told her it was if I was PAYING her for services I wasn't receiving.
The printed magazines I receive look like a publication put together at a local High School. If I was paying hundreds of dollars for an AD and when it was printed in the magazine it was so blurry you could barely read it I would be very upset. Have you noticed the pics of her are crystal clear?

Just my observations.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Very hard to make a living on a magazine. Any magazine for that matter. With social media we can get trial dates and results instantly anywhere by our phones. I believe in hay day the slike family had probably close to 25.000 subscribers I believe now it’s less then 3,000. Not very much profit when your time , publishing , mailing cost. Not much future there I don’t believe. Guys have some compassion

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
Very hard to make a living on a magazine. Any magazine for that matter. With social media we can get trial dates and results instantly anywhere by our phones. I believe in hay day the slike family had probably close to 25.000 subscribers I believe now it’s less then 3,000. Not very much profit when your time , publishing , mailing cost. Not much future there I don’t believe. Guys have some compassion
Jim: I certainly could show compassion if I was seeing effort, but it’s obvious the effort to produce a quality product and to give a reasonable level of customer service is not there. We are watching a business in decline.

·
Premium Member
1,001 Posts
Jim: I certainly could show compassion if I was seeing effort, but it’s obvious the effort to produce a quality product and to give a reasonable level of customer service is not there. We are watching a business in decline.
I totally agree this has been going on for OVER a YEAR & HALF growing pains can be understood--there were personal issues outside omagazine that most do not know . I even recruited new subscribers for H&H during the new ownership.
I have been with H&H since the late 70's one of the last mags that I still subscribe to BUTT after this past year I don't C things getting any better--my script expired in April and I did not renew.

Jim

·
Registered
17 Posts
I totally agree this has been going on for OVER a YEAR & HALF growing pains can be understood--there were personal issues outside omagazine that most do not know . I even recruited new subscribers for H&H during the new ownership.
I have been with H&H since the late 70's one of the last mags that I still subscribe to BUTT after this past year I don't C things getting any better--my script expired in April and I did not renew.

Jim

·
SUPER MODERATOR
5,937 Posts
Nope not the mail, covid or Christmas, but you can bet ITS ALL TRUMPS FAULT
you took the words right out of my hand!!

postal service and any government service has gone to hell in a handbasket------i have recieved mail when it was so late the bill was overdue-----i had a man bring me magazines delivered to his house-----my address plain as day but delivered to a person 5 miles away---I have so many fed-ex packages delivered here that i have to take to the neighbors i should qualify for part time employee

its not just the magazine----its our whole country in decline---and continues to get worse by the week

1 - 20 of 47 Posts