HOF PP GRC Cruise's Jim Dandy

Discussion in 'Breeding, Bloodlines, and Pedigrees' started by bamabeagler, Mar 8, 2010.

1. First off, I have been rabbit hunting for 5 years. I started off with all grade hounds, which were pretty good dogs to me. Last year I purchased a gyp who's sire is Shiloh's Jim Dandy, and dam is Bull Mountians Lucy. Her grand parents on the sire side are Hof pp grc Cruise's Jim Dandy and dam is Hof pp grc Shiloh's Midnight Lady. She has Boggy Hollar through both sides of her pedigree, she has Bh Buddie,Bh Lucile, Bh budget, and a few more FC's that are Boggy Hollar blood(I don't have the papers with me I I'm corrently deployed in Afghanistan and going off memory, I had my wife read her pedigree to me on the phone the other night. All I know about pedigrees and blood lines is what I have read online. I really like this little dog and think I would like to start building my kennel off of her. She is a medium speed hard hunting dog. She is the only registered dog I have. I have never been to a trial, but I have 2 young boys(8-13) and think i might want to try it and see if we enjoy it. Any info anyone might have on her pedigree Boggy Hollar and Jim Dandy, or suggestions on a direction for me to go that would compliment her breeding when looking for a male. Thanks.

RAY333 likes this.
  2. beagleman01

beagleman01 Active Member

bamabeagler,

first let me salute you for your service to this country. retired veteren myself.
    judged jim dandy the year he won the hound of the year run off a few years back, one of the best rabbit dogs i have ever judged. i have a rabbit champion out of shiloh's jim dandy one of the hardest hunting males i have ever owned. you wont go wrong with that blood line. i have 3 dogs that are grand pups out of him and they can smoke a rabbit. have the oppertunity to buy a direst daughter out of him this month. plan on breeding her to my champion. i would be glad to try to answer any question i can about him. tony dickerson own him and he is from mississippi. and he could tell you more than i could about the dog. hope this helps.

tim

3. beagleman01

also a pup out of shiloh's jim dandy also won the champion class at the us championship this year, so one was first and one was 8th pretty good for the big hunt

4. Thanks for the reply beagleman, like i said i am new to this and dont have the papers in with me, but I have this same post on another site and someone replyed that it looks like i have a Wirecreek. Is there a relationship between Jim Dandy and Wirecreek. I know Boggy Hollar came off Wirecreek. I have also looked at some trial results and found alot of hounds that Cruise's Jim Dandy sired are still placing and a few sired by Shiloh with places in the ARHA PP trials. Do you know of anyone who has this blood who might have a young male pup they are willing to sell. I wont be home for a little over a month, but i would like to get a jump on finding something.
    Thanks

5. beagleman01

lol i just happen to have a litter of pups out of my champion right now they are a week old they are out of my champion jd male and a champion female of mine and yes jd heavey with weircreek bloodline

6. Beagler282

Beagler282 Active Member

GA
    Congrats with the new pups tim.I'm sure they will turn out to be some good uns bred up like that.

Ray

7. beagleman01

hey ray good to see ya on the site

8. Snow Dog

Snow Dog New Member

Could someone tell me where I could see a pedigree for Shiloh's Jim Dandy and some contact information of the owner ? Beagleman01, can you post a pedigree of your pups, and where your located, Thanks ! Jim Dagley

9. Beagler282

Beagler282 Active Member

GA
    We'll get you a pedigree on here but the fella that owned the dog sold Shilohs jim dandy to someone who doesn't want anyone to know that he owns him cause he doesn't want people calling him about breeding.Did some research trying to find him to breed to him but he had been sold and that was what he told me.

10. beagleman01

my male runnin ans gunnin buster is jd bred and won the ark state yesterday

11. Congrats, is he the sire to the litter of pups you had last week?

12. Beagler282

Beagler282 Active Member

GA
    Congrats tim on your win.

13. beagleman01

thanks ray, and yes he is the sire to the pups, sending a pm to u tonite bama