Rabbit Dogs banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
942 Posts
Good song .
He was from my area and is my wife family member .They were with cousins on her mother side.. From around Cheatham County area .Have been a few other great Artist out of the little town of Ashland City Tennessee older country artist. Mel Tillis along still has farm land there.Travis Trent many years ago Who Work as a dishwasher . In one of best restaurant bills catfish years ago. Great catfish with southern food at that time was one of the few & best restaurants in the Town.. just a few Names .Along one of the Mandrell sisters that Still has Farm.In the area of Middle of the town.On top of a hill with a big White cross on it.That can be seen very well around in the winter time.

·
Registered
4,120 Posts

I was never one to pay much attention to lyrics, but this song really touches my heart. My Mom, Dad, Grandparents on both sides and my Wife are all gone. You don't realize how important Family is until they are no longer with us. I never thought my wife would be gone before me since I was six years older then her. Her health was taking a toll, but until the last year or so she didn't show it. With the amount of insulin she was having to take she looked as if she had gained a lot of weight, but it was mostly swelling. She wasn't very mobile anymore and lost her muscle mass in her legs. Bones were breaking in her feet, but I was blind to it. Blocked all this out as I refused to accept it. I needed to hear this song. These old songs really had meaning.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts