Rabbit Dogs banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know it's a day early but I want to wish you all a Happy Thanksgiving. At our home we're celebrating a day early, and I have two get togthers to go to tomorrow, one at a friend's and one at my oldest granddaughter's. I have even more than usual to be thankful for this year. My health is better than it was a year ago.I get to come out of retirement as a horseman once a week now, which has made me happier than winning the lottery could.Stoney gave me Allie, for which I'm grateful, and of course I give thanks for all that being a part of this group has done for my life and happiness. I wish all of you a wonderful Thanksgiving and weekend!

·
Premium Member
759 Posts
With all the issues that we have now I believe this is still the Greatest country and the best place to live the world has ever seen.
I am very grateful for family and friends And profoundly grateful God chose to put us here instead of some of the places we could have been.
I pray that better times will come soon for all and war and hunger will be no more.

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Jim how did your horse do at the race, or is it scheduled later due to the Holiday? Just wondering, JMHO. (y) 🐎
Last week we took one(it finished second) and brought home two(we claimed one).This week we took two.
The one we claimed last week was last this week, and was claimed. The other horse that was second last week was second again this week in a close photo finish. We wanted to be second with that horse both weeks because if we won we wouldn't be eligible for that class again, and there's a series coming up for that class that pays a little better. Then we'll want to win! Thanks for asking, Foxxy.

·
Registered
4,201 Posts
I know it's a day early but I want to wish you all a Happy Thanksgiving. At our home we're celebrating a day early, and I have two get togthers to go to tomorrow, one at a friend's and one at my oldest granddaughter's. I have even more than usual to be thankful for this year. My health is better than it was a year ago.I get to come out of retirement as a horseman once a week now, which has made me happier than winning the lottery could.Stoney gave me Allie, for which I'm grateful, and of course I give thanks for all that being a part of this group has done for my life and happiness. I wish all of you a wonderful Thanksgiving and weekend!
Thanks Jim, wishing you and your friends and Family the same!!!

·
Registered
5,289 Posts
Glad you are feeling better Jim . There is a lot to the saying , if you got your health , you got everything .

My nephew invited me to his house tomorrow and my sister invited me to her house Saturday . She is doing it on Saturday so that her sons can come . I am not going anywhere . To much flu going around . I started cooking yesterday and did some more cooking today . All I have to cook tomorrow is my mashed potatoes , gravy and yeast rolls . All of that just for one person . I am blessed that I can afford to eat and not struggle for food and a warm house .

Happy Thanksgiving everyone .

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Not familiar with the terminology. What does claimed mean
It means that another horseman can "claim" your horse for the stated claiming price, in our case $5,000.00 as I recall. Sometimes it's a claiming price plus what's called "allowances".The race secretary may say $5,000.00 plus 20% for mares, let's say. If you wanted to claim a mare it would cost 20% more. A claim is put in before the race.

·
Registered
6,974 Posts
Last week we took one(it finished second) and brought home two(we claimed one).This week we took two.
The one we claimed last week was last this week, and was claimed. The other horse that was second last week was second again this week in a close photo finish. We wanted to be second with that horse both weeks because if we won we wouldn't be eligible for that class again, and there's a series coming up for that class that pays a little better. Then we'll want to win! Thanks for asking, Foxxy.
Good luck- can you get a short video of the horses and one race, with you in the winner's circle. JMHO JMHO

1 - 20 of 21 Posts