Rabbit Dogs banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone - My name is Melissa Hale. I am the eldest grandchild of William V (Sonny) Hale. I had the last puppy from the litter born just before he died - her name was Grace, named for him. She was the epitome of what he bred - tricolor, mostly black, square in the face, fast smart and nimble.
I was with my grandpa when he passed in 2006. I have pictures of me and him running dogs on the levee, playing with the litters and his rabbits on his farm land. My Pa was my person.

I am looking for a dog from his line of rockstars - Nubbin. Beulah. Sadie. Amos. Abel. Joline. Is there anyone out there who still remembers him and his dogs? Anyone willing to pass one along to me? I'd love to hear stories, see his line, or anything else you'd be willing to share. Happy Thanksgiving!

·
Registered
537 Posts
Nubbin was full littermate to Cotton County Ace ...a few people have a good deal of Ace in there lines on this site...
Nubbin was also the grand sire to FC City Limit Snoop who was out of Seltzer Creek Dandy Dan (Nubbin on top, Ace on bottom) and Honey Island Spongy...

Snoop would be where I’d start to look if it were me and the RIGHT ones would probably be similar what he had...actually it might shock you how close they still are...it did me...

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you! I have also been in touch with Earl Price who mentioned Bobby Farris might have a strong connection to this line. I am crossing my fingers we find a good dog. I'm digging into Pa's old records now - I hate for his cabinet of trophies to be the end of our family's time with these awesome dogs. (I have a 1 year old son who carries his first and last name, and I'm hoping he will pick this up as well.) Did you know my grandfather?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Welcome to rabbit dogs . There is a good group of people here . I am sure someone will get you going again . I am glad to hear that you want to restart your grandpa’s passion and passing on to your son one day . Good luck in your search .
I have nothing but amazing memories of my Pa, his dogs, our time together watching the moon listening to the dogs run, and meeting his fellow beagle friends!

·
Administrator
6,690 Posts
WELCOME TO OUR FORUM~~~ACE KLUB KENNEL----OWNED BY DR JAI DIGGS IN NEW ORLEANS LA HAD A SON OF NUBBIN NAMED DANDY DAN----HE HAS A GRANSON ON NUBBIN---CITY LIMIT SNOOP AND TWO MALES OUT OF SNOOP THAT ARE SUPER GOOD BC/SF DOGS------I WOULD SAY HE HAS A TREASURE TROVE OF OLD BLOOD--------START WITH HIM AND IF THAT DONT GET YA WHERE YA WANNA BE----PM ME AND I WILL HELP YOU IF I CAN---MY KENNEL IS MADE FROM MIDNIGHT HAWK---NUBBIN AND MILE BRANCH SAMMY BLOOD~~TUFF-E-NUFF KENNEL

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Welcome to our group. As a grandpa and great grandpa myself I applaud what you're doing, and I hope your son enjoys our sport with you and dogs from his great grandpa's line. Happy Thanksgiving, and I hope to see you and your son and hounds at our get together in January.
Tell me more about the get together! Perhaps we can make the trip!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts