Rabbit Dogs banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,827 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last tuesday night we had a dog overheat while running. He just stopped running and layed down . We got to to a water hole to cool off. He was almost staggering in the water hole. He came around in short order. We kept him wet the rest of that night and in te heat of the day the next day . We also mixed some gatoraid with is water. Man when its to hot to run at night its to hot.

How long would you wait before you ran him again. We seem to be coolest around 5 am and I thought about trying him in the morning before church.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Rosco, I myself wouldn't know how long it would take. I do know if a Human gets to hot they will get it again very easy. But I hope everything turns out for yall!

·
Registered
2,827 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
We ran from 5 to 7 with no problem. We kept a close eye on them. We got them up twice and made them drink water and cool off a minute. Brandon is going to start running them in the mornings. It was cooler than the late afterrnoons have been.

Thanks guys

·
Registered
1,992 Posts
Yea I set my alarm for 0330 bit turned it off at 0300. I usually run from 0600-0630 to 0900-1000. I find it's better to run in the mornings than evenings.

·
Premium Member
2,743 Posts
I ran mine 3 evenings last week. My little sally girl who is about 4 weeks pregnant acted like she wasn't breathing all that well. When she was barking not much sound was coming out. She is just a little over 2 years old. I got a little worried so I put them up. I run them right behind my pens so if I run 1 I have to run em all. I don't know if her hard breathing was because of her being pregnant, overheating,hard running, or all of the above.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts