Rabbit Dogs banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,041 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I not only caught a limit of bass but I caught two of the biggest Ive ever caught in my life on the same day.

My previous best was 7 lbs. 4 ounces. Today I caught one that went just over 8 lbs. and another one that was right at 7 and 1/2.

·
Premium Member
3,041 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I also caught 5 catfish. One on a spinnerbait and 4 on a plastic worm.

I didnt have room on the boards to put all of em out so the smaller ones are still in the cooler. These pictures dont do em justice though. The smallest bass in the picture is about 3lbs.

Ive caught as many or more than I did today but never this size.

·
Premium Member
2,743 Posts
What kind of bait did you use in your fish trap behind you in the first pic? You could probably win one of those B.A.S.S. tournaments if they will let you use that kind of rod. HaHa I want hushpuppies and slaw with mine. Congrats on a good day.

·
Premium Member
3,041 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Im off today too and started to go again this morning but just have too much stuff to get done around here.

Ive also got to run to W. Memphis. Ive got a female out of Cooter that is about to have a date with Otis. :wink:

·
Premium Member
3,041 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I just got lucky and was there at the right time.

I broke 5 more off and God only knows how many I missed on the hook set. :smack:

·
Registered
785 Posts
Are those big bass good eating? Up this way no one ever keeps large mouth for the table, it's always walleye, crappie, perch, or catfish.

·
Premium Member
3,041 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Those two are going on my wall but I think bass tastes as good as most any other fish.

I filet all my fish and if theyre a little bigger Ill cut em into strips about an inch or so wide and cook em that way.

I know some people frown on keeping bass for the table but Ive never been much into catch and release. I like to eat fish way too much to throw em back. :thumb:

·
Registered
2,857 Posts
I know some people frown on keeping bass for the table but Ive never been much into catch and release. I like to eat fish way too much to throw em back. :thumb:[/QUOTE]

I say get the freezer full, then catch and release. Those fish will make a beautiful mount. If you want a little one to mount in front of it, like its being eaten, I bet RKW could help you out.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts