Rabbit Dogs banner

Gyp won't breed

2K views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  Foxxy 
#1 ·
I have a 3 year old gyp that wont let my male breed her. Tried to breed her last 2 times she was in and she won't stand. Any recommendations?

#4 ·
Kennel them alone, but side by side while she is in season - sometimes that works. Put them together early in the morning while it is cool, or after feeding them. Try them together from the 8th day until the 20th day. Some are just ready earlier or later than normal. Usually the female will breed when she is ready.

You could always have a vet do artificial insemination if they will not breed naturally. I got a 10 puppy litter that way once from a 5 year old female who would never let a male touch her. Last week, I bred her great-granddaughter, so that line is still going!

#6 ·
Well you can muzzle her and hold her with strong hands if you know she is ready otherwise your peeing up a wet rope. Second option is kennel them together over night if she is ready then take one out the morning after and repeat again that night. This is not the preferred method because you have to make sure you Mark your calendar and in about 45 days if breed she will start showing. Most important she has to be ready and it is usually around day 10 she starts showing signs of coming in heat. Good luck.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.