Rabbit Dogs banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
4,888 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Some trashy person left a freezer on my property this week . I am going to get some pleasure out of shooting it before VDOT comes and picks it up . The dump was only 2 miles away , it must have been closed that day or they were going to charge them because it had refrigerant in it . They don’t realize that it is still costing them money for the state to come and pick it up , they just pay for it in taxes .

·
Registered
894 Posts
Makes me sick how common of a problem this is.
Amen to that....you'd think the road to my place was a house, we get tables, sofas etc dumped all the time and the county is pretty slow in getting the stuff picked up....a rural trash route and roaming dogs getting into the containers doesn't help the situation either.....

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
H View attachment 61760
Here is my latest toy my wife gave me for Father’s Day. S&W 460 XVR. Gonna carry up Wilbur’s way and see what kind of damage I can do. Sweet piece out to 200 yds shooting from the pod.
When they first came out I bought an encore barrel for my muzzleloader setup. It is a very hard hitting load. At close range out of a rifle barrel I had trouble with the bullets staying together. Especially within 40 or 50 yards.

·
Registered
4,888 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I sent my 1851 Navy to a gunsmith for a tuneup . He is correcting the arbor length , which controls your cylinder gap and makes it the same every time you remove the cylinder . He is also installing better springs , less chance of breaking . He is installing a cap shield to keep the caps from falling down into the action and checking the timing and replacing all the screws with hardened screws . I decided to make some wad lube today . A mix of beeswax , canning wax and mutton tallow . You put this on a wad , then put it over your powder and then seat a ball . This is supposed to prevent chain fires . Or you can skip the wad and put the lube over the chamber after seating the ball . When it cools it will be like a semi hard grease . Some people just use crisco , but that is real messy .
Tableware Drinkware Kitchen appliance Liquid Serveware
Drinkware Liquid Ingredient Solution Fluid

1 - 20 of 21 Posts