Rabbit Dogs banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
as i spend these times talking with my son about beagles and rabbit hunting, i recall memories from when i had my beagle as a kid. "Sadie", our "beagle" was actually part Beagle,part runnin walker and could run the legs off a rabbit. we let her run all the time and rarely kept her pinned up, something we come to regret later. but, thats a different story.
anyhow, we always prided ourselved on our spring fed well water, my great-uncle witched it out about 45 years ago and it was hand rocked, never run dry all these years and is only about 15 foot deep. dad kept a piece of tin over the top so we could draw water in the winter when our pipes froze, or electricity was out. Then one day we noticed our water tasted less then fresh, and a day or so later started smelling real bad too...so finally dad went back to open up the well to see what was the problem...he came back choking back laughter, i knew he didnt want to tell us what he found, especially my mom...well, it seems our beagle sadie had ran a rabbit into that well, and dad had to pull a dead rabbit out about the size of a basket ball!!:yuck::D mmmmmm!

·
Registered
1,992 Posts
It's funny you say this because my mom had pulled three out the pool skimmer this year. Her yard dogs are running em into the pool at night an the filter sucks them in the skimmer.

·
Registered
2,827 Posts
Preacher,
We have a 50 dollar beagle/ walker at the house right now. He sleeps on the porch while them high dollar rabbit dogs stay in the kennel. That fool dog will chase anything that can run. Last Feb. that fool 50 dollar dog caught a rabbit. I have a deer hunting buddy that says he would'nt give me a plug nickel for my rabbit dogs but has offered a nice rifle for my 50 dollar dog. Brandon told him " thats the only dog on the place not for sale."

1 - 4 of 4 Posts