Rabbit Dogs banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3,235 Posts
Definitely not seng. My first thought because of stem size and location of berries was maybe what was always described to me as Jack in the Pulpits but I'm not even sure about that. Those are some big leaves to be Jacks I think. I use to love digging seng and made a lot of money doing it but haven't been in quite a while.

·
SUPER MODERATOR
6,055 Posts
THAT is whats called an "INDIAN TURNIP" if you dig it up and eat a slice of the root----write when ya mouth quit burning~~it will feel like hot needles running thru your tongue and cheeks

·
Registered
3,235 Posts
Will is right. Indian turnip aka Jack in the Pulpit guess I had it right then second guessed myself!

There was a guy in Beech Grove that use to let me dig on his land in return I had to give him a few of the roots I dug. He would boil and then drink the water for energy. At least thats what he told me. I dug a "ginseng man" root there once and made a killing off of that 1 root alone. Heck of a payday!

·
Registered
294 Posts
I ate a piece of Indian turnip one night c.o.o.n hunting. The old man I was with thought it was hilarious. He dug it up and told me to try it. Said it was really good. That thing will light you up. I like a lot of things you can find in the woods like ripe persimmons and paw paws but no more Indian radish for this ol boy. My granny and a friend of ours use to make persimmon fried pies. They’ll make your tongue slap your brains out.

·
Registered
3,675 Posts
Burnett: Quit playing the innocent role. You Lynchburg boys was making Jack Daniels before Jack Daniels ever moved to Lynchburg. Ya'll have smoked and drank everything from bitter weed to Mary Jane. Probably got some growing in your back yard right now.

·
Registered
1,787 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Burnett: Quit playing the innocent role. You Lynchburg boys was making Jack Daniels before Jack Daniels ever moved to Lynchburg. Ya'll have smoked and drank everything from bitter weed to Mary Jane. Probably got some growing in your back yard right now.
LOL,Yeah Im no angel.But im a down the road Shelbyville boy.we were alot wilder than the sissys in Lynchburg.Lynchburg boys had to come to Shelbyville to buy Jack Daniels.Moore co.(Lynchburg ) is a dry county.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts