Rabbit Dogs banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,284 Posts
I was thinking this might be a good way to raise some more money for the Junior Handler's. We can do a football pot for how many days they last inside. I want to go ahead and reserve days 1-7 cause I bet they don't last a week!!! Lol.... Just messing with ya Marshall.
We did good with our pups inside until momma stopped cleaning up their mess. That's also about the time they acquired a taste for socks and underwear. Needless to say they have been outside dogs ever since!!!

·
Registered
3,386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
You got me laughing KBB . That would be a good pool . Just don’t let me see the names and days . If they make it 2 weeks that is going to surprise me . I am a little OCD .

You can see that I am already thinking about plan B . I spent about $500 dollars on plan B today and I got a thread going about pea gravel .

·
Registered
68 Posts
I also bought another 10x10 pen today as a backup plan . I don’t on want them chewing my furniture , that is why I bought all them toy and when I can’t watch them they are going in that crate .
View attachment 56477
I also bought another 10x10 pen today as a backup plan . I don’t on want them chewing my furniture , that is why I bought all them toy and when I can’t watch them they are going in that crate .
View attachment 56477
You will need that crate for times someone can't be keeping an eye on them. As good as mine is in the house, she is crated at night and goes to outside kennel when we are away for several hours.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Had 2 couches get chewed by my pups. They are good now. There is a spray you can use to protect furniture. Good luck. Mine stayed in house. I do think it makes them listen better when in the house plus it’s seems you get a really good bond with them. IMO

·
Registered
3,386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
You will need that crate for times someone can't be keeping an eye on them. As good as mine is in the house, she is crated at night and goes to outside kennel when we are away for several hours.
I plan on doing the same thing . The only thing really worrying me is that it’s two of them . I think I could handle one .

·
Registered
3,386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I
Had 2 couches get chewed by my pups. They are good now. There is a spray you can use to protect furniture. Good luck. Mine stayed in house. I do think it makes them listen better when in the house plus it’s seems you get a really good bond with them. IMO
I just hope they don’t stay at my feet when we hunt . That is one thing that my dogs don’t lack is hunt .

·
Registered
634 Posts
Marshall,I think you may find that two work better.I have two sisters that are bonded and who share a kennel like yours.They love each other's company and can be left alone together without separation anxiety issues,but seperate them and you will hear about it.This is them cooling off today after getting hot in the yard.

·
Registered
271 Posts
You got me laughing KBB . That would be a good pool . Just don’t let me see the names and days . If they make it 2 weeks that is going to surprise me . I am a little OCD .

You can see that I am already thinking about plan B . I spent about $500 dollars on plan B today and I got a thread going about pea gravel .
Plan B, I have a saying that I use and has served me well. If I am planning for B it should be A.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Marshall,I think you may find that two work better.I have two sisters that are bonded and who share a kennel like yours.They love each other's company and can be left alone together without separation anxiety issues,but seperate them and you will hear about it.This is them cooling off today after getting hot in the yard. View attachment 56478
Jim I agree with ya. My 2 males were raised in the house until 4 months old. They cant take it being away from each other. Partners in crime is what I say, it hasn’t affected their hunt one bit. They will put some distance between us when we go to the field. I still let them in from time to time.

·
Registered
634 Posts
Jim I agree with ya. My 2 males were raised in the house until 4 months old. They cant take it being away from each other. Partners in crime is what I say, it hasn’t affected their hunt one bit. They will put some distance between us when we go to the field. I still let them in from time to time.
View attachment 56483
Those are really pretty hounds.

·
Registered
3,386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I better hurry up and get my puppies , because someone came to my nephews house at 5am this morning from NC and bought 3 puppies . He offered my nephew $500 dollars for my chocolate puppy . I am surprised that puppy isn’t in NC now , LOL .

My nephew banded their tails earlier in the week .

1 - 16 of 16 Posts