Getting after 'em in the morning.

Discussion in 'Rabbit Hunting and Beagling' started by dblevens, Feb 18, 2010.

1. Was hoping that somebody had been running recently to let me know how its been. Haven't been since Monday, hope it ain't changed a bit. I reckon, I'll let you know tomorrow bout this time.

2. RKW

RKW Active Member

dblevens, We ran yesterday and had a 2 hour and 20 min. race before we caught them right at dark. This is on the outside and rabbits were slipping around that were not even being run. The conditions were better than they've been in a while because the dogs seemed to really be able to move the track. Good luck tomorrow, I may turn loose myself.

Roger

Oh yea I dropped my gun in the mud with the barrel stuck in the ground like a spear when a rabbit came out and running straight away. Perfect shot but no chance. So my wife and I looked at each other and just about died laughing. Heck it was funny as bleep.........

3. Roger, are you ever gonna shoot a freaking rabbit? Glad to hear the dogs can run though.

4. RKW were you just so glad you so a rabbit. because you say your wife see them ever time you go

5. Echo Hill's

Echo Hill's Member

La
    You either need a slang shot or a dip net...How good did you say you were at sporting clays???? :headscratch:

6. RKW

RKW Active Member

I did see 3 rabbits that the dogs weren't after so that is better. I was standing beside my wife when I dropped the dang gun and saw that rabbit. James I'm not going to tell everyone about the one I actually missed. A slang shot and a dip net or any other contraption you come up with, heck I'm up for anything. I'm not trying to kill a sack full anyway just one (1). I'm trying not to wipe out the rabbit population here on my place and I'm having great success at that.

Roger

7. Echo Hill's

Echo Hill's Member

La
    I think wildlife in general (birds, frogs ,butterflies etc) would be safer if you didn't carry a firearm. I have a great idea.... tomorrow before you turn loose back off about 20 yards from that big four wheel drive truck and see if you can hit it with that crooked barrel gun!.. Let us know what happens and we will go from there>>>:clap:

8. RKW

RKW Active Member

I could shoot the truck with a crooked barreled empty gun full of mud and I'd hit that. lol

9. beagleman01

beagleman01 Active Member

lol he dose seem to miss alot

10. He doesn't miss all the time, just the times where he actually shoots.:D Persistence pays off though Roger.

11. RKW

RKW Active Member

It's part of my animal conservation plan along with thickets and food plots. If yall want to have a big rabbit dinner I'll start saving my harvest for you. :hat: