Rabbit Dogs banner

1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Question is , If you knowingly have a Female or Male with genetic problems (Cherry Eye) for an example.... Do you take A chance on Breeding them ,Knowingly this is a trait that is going to be passed to the pups. .... And sell those pups ...and if it pops up the new owners has to financial fix your roll of the dice chance( rather costly) DO YOU MAKE THE BREEDING OR STOP IT ON YOUR END ...CAUSE YOU ARE MORE CONSIDERATE TO OTHER

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
never had one with cherry eye heard it is easy to take care of and some lines seem to have that problem more then others . Does it hurt the dog in anyway or just an eyesore no pun intended lol
Very costly ....lets say alittle more then a Tristar 20 gauge over and under .... but it still carrys the genetic problem to carry to pups .... Do you break the chain in the link ...Or keep breeding dogs with genetic problems? Just Saying

·
Registered
2,474 Posts
as far as I know I've never owned or bred one with the traits I was telling you what I heard that I never delt with that problem myself . I am way in the whole when it comes to money and dogs I do this for the love of beagles and the sport not for money

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I have heard of guys fixing it themselves
BEAR.... I WILL LET YOU KNOW I HAVE BEEN AROUND DOGS 55 YRS,NOT JUST BEAGLES BUT BIRD DOGS ,LABS, BEAGLES ..... AND WHEN IT COMES TO FIXING THINGS ON YOUR OWN ,THERE ARE MORE PEOPLE THAT DOES NOT FIX IT ON THERE OWN THEN FIX IT ON THERE OWN ......AND IF YOU WAS A RESPONIBLE BREEDER THIS PROBLEM WOUKLD NEVER OCCUR IF YOU WOULD NOT BREED GENETIC PROBLEM HOUNDS.... JUST FOOD FOR THOUGHT

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I don’t believe Bear ever said he would breed one with it, sounds like he’s never seen the issue in any of his hounds. But like a lot of us have heard of “some people” fixing it themselves. I’m not a vet so that’s above my pay grade and wouldn’t try it. Lol
mR. gRIZZ..... SNIPPING IT OUT ON YOUR OWN ,STILL DOES NOT FIX GENETIC PROBLEMS ,ALL IT DOES IS FIX THE APPEARENCE OF THE DOG ,YOU DON'T FIX GENETICS ...THE ONLY WAY IS DON'T BREED THAT CRAP....JMO

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
Awe Mr. Ernest...... not fair....you got me!!!! You shut me smooth DOWN bro. I'm out... You win. I quit. Back peddling as we speak.

Truth is I do have one litter weaning off right now out of Eli and One Eye.

Fe-Fe is bred to Eli this time and showing again at 12.5 years old. Last time I bred her to Big Head. Those 6 are a year old and real bad news on a rabbit. Big Blood and Girl is in this bunch.

I have 3 good bitches in heat right now almost ready and if the Lord allows I am breeding one to Honey Island Able, one to Honey Island Jeramiah, and one to Honey Island Little Blood, Big bloods older half brother. He is a chocolate tank in the briars and can flat stroke the piss out of a rabbit.

Since my wife is now cancer free and doing extremely well thanks to God's Mercy, His Promises and answered prayer..... I am in full throttle.....breeding, hunting and proving mode again more than at any time in my life and really excited and loving it.

With hard work and God's help and blessing I am resurrecting the BC\SF dead and so for it looks promising enough to keep moving forward!

These Blackcreek\Skullfork influenced hounds or whatever you want to call them are not nearly finished yet in my book not by a long shot and I know they can even be better than before I know they can and I ain't quitting, backing down or giving up on them in no way shape or form. Get ready they coming to your club soon and Hell is coming with them!

Cherry Eyes, Three Toed, Double Dew Claws, Crooked Legs, Short Ears, 6 tits, Thin Skin, Bad Breath and all....

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Awe Mr. Ernest...... not fair....you got me!!!! You shut me smooth DOWN bro. I'm out... You win. I quit. Back peddling as we speak.

Truth is I do have one litter weaning off right now out of Eli and One Eye.

Fe-Fe is bred to Eli this time and showing again at 12.5 years old. Last time I bred her to Big Head. Those 6 are a year old and real bad news on a rabbit. Big Blood and Girl is in this bunch.

I have 3 good bitches in heat right now almost ready and if the Lord allows I am breeding one to Honey Island Able, one to Honey Island Jeramiah, and one to Honey Island Little Blood, Big bloods older half brother. He is a chocolate tank in the briars and can flat stroke the piss out of a rabbit.

Since my wife is now cancer free and doing extremely well thanks to God's Mercy, His Promises and answered prayer..... I am in full throttle.....breeding, hunting and proving mode again more than at any time in my life and really excited and loving it.

With hard work and God's help and blessing I am resurrecting the BC\SF dead and so for it looks promising enough to keep moving forward!

These Blackcreek\Skullfork influenced hounds or whatever you want to call them are not nearly finished yet in my book not by a long shot and I know they can even be better than before I know they can and I ain't quitting, backing down or giving up on them in no way shape or form. Get ready they coming to your club soon and Hell is coming with them![/QUOTE.MR.MITCH............I AM GLAD TO HERE YOUR WIFE IS CANCER FREE,MY WIFE IDS A 6 YR BREAST CANCER SURVIVOR ,I THANK THE GOOD LORD FOR KEEPING HER AROUND FOR ME I WOULD BE LOST WITHOUT THAT WOMAN.... WHAT CLUB YOU GOING TO ,IWOULD LIKE TO MEET YOU AND THE DATE .... p.s. I HJAVE TAKEIN MY CHANCES IN MY LIFE THEN YOU CAN SHAKE A STICK AT...LOL

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
MR. MITCH....GLAD TO HERE YOUR WIFE IS CANCER FREE,MY WIFE IS A 6 YR.BREAST CANCER SURVIVOR...I THANK THE GOOD LORD FOR KEEPING HER AROUND FOR ME ...I WOULD BE LOST WITHOUT THAT WOMAN....LET ME KNOW DATE AND LOCATION YOUR GOING TO BE AT ,I WOULD LIKE TO MEET YOU...THANKS

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I don’t believe Bear ever said he would breed one with it, sounds like he’s never seen the issue in any of his hounds. But like a lot of us have heard of “some people” fixing it themselves. I’m not a vet so that’s above my pay grade and wouldn’t try it. Lol
Hey Mr. Grizz..... I believe me and you both know the answer to that one....LMAO

1 - 20 of 62 Posts