Rabbit Dogs banner
61 - 73 of 73 Posts

·
Premium Member
315 Posts
Worked in a correctional facility. Inmate pretending to be passed out laying in cell. Checked him and determined him to be pretending. Left him on the deck. Inmate from across the block hollers at me Hey Guard! Is that feller going to die? I say No I don't think so.
He looks at him again and says If he does can I have his supper?

·
Registered
2,317 Posts
I guess you have heard that Biden is trying to get Congress to roll back the federal gas tax?

As for electric cars, they are selling as fast as they hit the dealers. Tesla is rolling them out by the thousands per week and still has a 4-5 month wait. Partly because of gas prices, and partly because they are such nice vehicles. (They were selling out before gas went up).

Buying ANY car right now is a challenge. We visited a local Toyota dealer last week and they had ONE new vehicle on their lot - a Tacoma truck. Supply chain issues, particularly related to Covid shutdowns in China, are making it tough to be a car salesman.

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
I guess you have heard that Biden is trying to get Congress to roll back the federal gas tax?

As for electric cars, they are selling as fast as they hit the dealers. Tesla is rolling them out by the thousands per week and still has a 4-5 month wait. Partly because of gas prices, and partly because they are such nice vehicles. (They were selling out before gas went up).

Buying ANY car right now is a challenge. We visited a local Toyota dealer last week and they had ONE new vehicle on their lot - a Tacoma truck. Supply chain issues, particularly related to Covid shutdowns in China, are making it tough to be a car salesman.
yea that Biden is sure looking out for us, we are so lucky to have him,the state of MD did the same thing did away with state gas tax for 1 month than raised the gas tax 7 cents a gallon forever, thats their way give you something than take it back plus more, great leaders we have in this country, wait till the government starts taxing the electric used to recharge all these EV, believe me it will happen 100% so

·
Registered
20 Posts
Something I don't think people realize. Electric cars run on batteries. What does a battery do? Produce energy? No, It stores energy. Energy that has to be produced by other means. Coal, gas, oil or nuclear. At this time and In the near future, there Is no way green energy could put a dent in the demand . So how are we ahead If everyone goes to electric cars ? This switch over Is going to take time, but the morons running the country think that the high gas prices will force everyone Into electric cars overnight. My local electric provider says that If a lot of people Install electric chargers In their home the system couldn't handle the extra load. Its going to take time and having gas prices at $5.00 a gallon just hurts the working class. LGB

·
Registered
413 Posts
Biden has accomplished many things, in a short time. None of them good. Another two years of this and the country will be completely destroyed. The democrats cheated hard to get this man in office. But also remember the ones that actually did vote for this way of life, by voting for him. Blame biden and also his enablers, a few voters.

·
Registered
1,654 Posts
Beagle10 As a long time Lineman i have been yacking from day one on here about the in capability of our grid when it comes to load generated by this EV movement Wasting your breath Some think it is magic and just appears out of nowhere Country warned of rolling blackouts now and we are gonna put an EV in every home and multiple EVs in some Yeah Right Should work great cant wait

61 - 73 of 73 Posts