Rabbit Dogs banner
21 - 40 of 73 Posts

·
Registered
4,737 Posts
You can be smart and sharp mentally and be old just ask Burnett. He has a very sharp hunting buddy who is 70+. Being a politician should not be s career path
I know there are a lot of sharp people late in their years , but more that are declining , especially physically and health wise , along with your mind . I think the average life expectancy of a man is 76 , IMO you shouldn’t be in office longer than that age or be able to run if your term limit will take you past that age . IMO , that should apply to judges also .

·
SUPER MODERATOR
6,407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
The rich and greedy set about years ago to eliminate competition and control supplies and price. are any of you old enough to remember gas before OPEC?? there would be gas wars and gas would drop to 17 ---19 cents a gallon----and was fairly common . THAT stopped when small refineries and small gas stations were put out of business.. a shortage can be created at any time its needed for political gain----I was working in Chicago in the 70"s during the gas rationing shortage of the time-------shell oil storage was across the canal from us and had million gallon tanks running over but you could only get 5 buck at a time at the pump----prices went up and supply increased
Same control on farmers----the small farmer no longer exist---they sold at a fair price and we had the option of buying from them~~~
we as a society have slowly been enslaved by the rich and powerful up to the point of eliminating anyone that is for the poor man or middle class. We are at the mercy of the system and the system is fresh out of mercy
our elected officials are useless in our behalf- they are owned by the same group that has control----our representation age problems remind me of the wheel that keeps turning long after the hamster has been dead

·
Premium Member
327 Posts
Exactly!
It's like a big game to them. Sometimes they work together sometimes they are factions that are at odds but the big picture they are the players and we are the game pieces.
Trump scared the hell out of them. He was a wild card.
It is all mind set. Is this our country or theirs? They work for us not us them.
You better bet they will do anything to lead the sheep in the direction they wish them to go.

In the bitter end.....It's all about the money.
I love this country.
Who was it that said.....You have a republic if you can keep it.

·
Registered
4,737 Posts
I paid 4.74 today . I passed many stations where it was 4.84 to 4.89 . I went to the dentist . Tractor supply is next door so I got dog food . I then went to a local gun store about 2 miles from basspro and Bass Pro to get some percussion caps and lead round balls that I ordered . I looked for 20ga shells and neither store had any 20ga , plenty of 12ga shells . I then stoped at the grocery store and got my 2 week supply of food and beer . I try to save some money on gas by running multiple errors instead of going out for one thing since I live so far from town .

·
Registered
308 Posts
the vast majority of driving in America is unnecessary ---AMERICANS biggest problem is telling the difference between wants and needs----this adm. is gonna get us back to basics on this problem soon
Right! I love driving around looking for critters. My girls favorite part about turkey hunting is after our roost set, we drive around looking for birds to work. We'll drive hours of trails looking for the right cat track to drop on

·
Registered
2,332 Posts
Now that we’ve hit $5/gallon here, my wife says she is parking her cushy SUV and will start driving my little 50 mpg Prius to work. Never thought I would see that. We shopped around for a second hybrid vehicle, but no Honda or Toyota dealer anywhere near us has a hybrid in stock. They are selling at or above sticker price as soon as the dealer can get one.

21 - 40 of 73 Posts