Rabbit Dogs banner
81 - 96 of 96 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #83 ·
Nice looking looking buck, 10 yards from you ! How big is the buck that you are waiting for?
I hope you have the opptunity to see it for a shot. Good luck. JMHO (y) 馃
Not necessarily any bigger to be honest. We just leased this piece of ground this year. There are a lot of young bucks that are really nice. I鈥檇 like to get one that is a little older doesn鈥檛 have to be a big rack. It was hard for me to pass lol. This was a cool video of this morning if you wanna check it out.

Registered
Nice deer. Opening day of gun was today for us. Wet day I鈥檓 still trying to dry stuff out right now.
View attachment 63738
Opening rifle here today, 70 degrees and 65 now at almost 11:00 pm
Snakes and mosquitoes still moving here
Crazy weather
Tropical rain for past 2 days and dry today
Deer were moving after rain
Cold finally coming in after today and looks like it鈥檒l be here to stay

Registered
It was a good evening in Central Ohio. Same field edge just at opposite ends about 400 yards apart both came out at the same time behind real small does. Mine(8) was chasing a 4 pointer away from his doe when he gave me the shot at 35 yards. My buddies(11) had an 8" piece of arrow sticking out of his left shoulder that wasn't any of ours. You can see the hole where it was in the first pic.
Hood Fawn Gas Snout Automotive exterior

Automotive lighting Fawn Snout Automotive exterior Bumper

Registered
Thank you sir! These were taken with bows, our youth gun is this weekend coming up and gun season opens the week after Thanksgiving. My son says he's going to out do us both. Usually we see a buck to doe ratio about 1 to 5, this year has been the opposite. I have a pic/video of 9 bucks chasing 1 doe around...never seen that before this year. Good luck to you all!

Registered
TY
He did have a strange rack, had seen him in velvet on cam, came out and drank water for several minutes, walked over corn pile and was horning trees and eating privet hedge all around with in 15 yards for about 30 minutes decided to shoot
Hit straight down through shoulder and came out chest/heart with 338 safari mag
Still ran 40 yards and fell in deepest part of the creek Crazy

Attachments

81 - 96 of 96 Posts