Rabbit Dogs banner
41 - 60 of 96 Posts

Registered
Thank you sir, North KY on Ohio river
Sipsey- what is the poaching situation like when the big bucks are being seen? We have enough poaching going on in michigan, some guys were busted for poaching elk. They lost their guns, their hunting privileges, and pay so much per animal, along with so much for each point. Just saying, JMHO :eek:馃

Registered
Sipsey, If I put corn out like you I鈥檇 have several 400-600 lb bears just laying in it鈥ol
But definitely some nice bucks you have on camera!!
Bahahaha 馃槀....naw now, that鈥檚 not typical....that was right after season ended and I knew I wouldn鈥檛 be back for a while...that time of year everything is dead forage wise and I was just keeping my herd fat...and I鈥檓 not bog on putting it on the ground either but can you believe that pile was gone less than two weeks?!! And that was one of four 250 lb piles ...

I take care of my animals now boys...馃槑

Registered
Bahahaha 馃槀....naw now, that鈥檚 not typical....that was right after season ended and I knew I wouldn鈥檛 be back for a while...that time of year everything is dead forage wise and I was just keeping my herd fat...and I鈥檓 not bog on putting it on the ground either but can you believe that pile was gone less than two weeks?!! And that was one of four 250 lb piles ...

I take care of my animals now boys...馃槑
Michigan hunters lost the right to have bait piles of corn, apples, sugar beets, carrots. Food plots are allowed, because of not having much rain I鈥檓 going to bait with 5 gallon buckets of water. I should have my area draw in all deer because of thirst. LOL Just saying. JMHO 馃 (y):LOL:

Registered
Sipsey- what is the poaching situation like when the big bucks are being seen? We have enough poaching going on in michigan, some guys were busted for poaching elk. They lost their guns, their hunting privileges, and pay so much per animal, along with so much for each point. Just saying, JMHO :eek:馃
That particular piece of land is two miles center from any black top in any direction...one side of it no one hunts and I have good, watchful neighbors around the rest who are conservation minded.... and if you know anything about the good ol boys in North Ky hill country then you know they don鈥檛 play like that...you鈥檙e either family or foe up there and their word is bond...poachers up in that part of the world tend to end up on a missing person鈥檚 list...

Those two biggest deer are well up in the B & C scoring book but have never been entered...they don鈥檛 mind me showing them but dont want anyone knowing EXACTLY where they come from... and I can tell you about 20 more deer that big killed within a mile of there that鈥檚 never saw the book...Several are on the book but most aren鈥檛...that entire county is pretty well known for book deer, but there is a particular 5 square mile stretch on that river that the deer just turn into monsters and those boys don鈥檛 like outsiders... and I鈥檓 fortunate enough to have a place right square in the middle...

I sat at many a table drinking coffee, gaining trust, working with them hand and hand, to find that place, and they actually found it for me....they鈥檙e some of the best friends I have, or ever will have and we trust each other about everything...

That鈥檚 where I go when the brain quits working and it鈥檚 time to turn off the damn phone.... and thank the Good Lord I have that place and more importantly, them fellers...

Registered
I wouldn't want to be the one who poached one of those big bucks. The police would find them in the ER getting medical help. Just saying. JMHO, I have seen big bucks like that when we would go out and shine for deer, now the CO鈥檚 are are catching guys who shine after the designated time to stop. Small airplanes are being used to find violators shining. Just saying, JMHO

Registered
I personally don鈥檛 see anything wrong with shining, especially before 10 pm but folks smarter than me say it messes up deers natural pattern...frankly the only thing I鈥檝e found that messed up a deers natural pattern is a stupid hunter but that鈥檚 just my opinion....

Now shooting a deer under light I take issue with that... I mean , what does a person accomplish? Are they going to tell a lie their entire life about how they took the animal? I just don鈥檛 get it

Registered
That鈥檚 a wheeler load !
I shot one the other day and my son got one 2 days later
I鈥檓 putting the bow away and waiting for black powder now
Seeing better deer out of bow range
Hard to fool the good ones hunting the same area to much
Need to be running some fat off my beagles instead of messing with deer anyway
Congratulations to and your son!! I shot a decent 141鈥 main frame 10 on the KY opener but nothing here yet. Nothing on camera to put time into. And I definitely need to be running mine too.
Sorry for the delayed response, had to get a new phone today and it took forever to get it set up and everything transferred.
Good Luck to you and your boys on getting the Big Boy, and post some pics when one of you gets him.

Registered
If its brown its down. Doe or buck it doesn鈥檛 matter to me. Love to eat the meat. (Speed Beef).
Just saying, JMHO (y):)馃馃

Same here lol. Once upon a time I was mad at deer and would really hunt hard. Once I made the decision to get back into beagles I sold everything except my 30-30. I try to kill 2 or 3 a season but no way am I sitting all day, or passing up anything that walks by lol. Don't need them on the wall just in the freezer!

I hope you and everybody else chasing the big boys gets a crack at them this year! Stay after them, good luck!

Registered
Well since yall are showing off the monsters I figured I'd show yall the big bruisers that roam my land. Nobody get any crazy ideas about coming to TN and hunting my spots after seeing this picture either, just stay away!! I killed a unicorn buck a few years ago and I need this bad boys right side to match that ones left, so I got first dibbs!!!

Natural landscape Grass Fawn Terrestrial animal Grassland

Registered
Well since yall are showing off the monsters I figured I'd show yall the big bruisers that roam my land. Nobody get any crazy ideas about coming to TN and hunting my spots after seeing this picture either, just stay away!! I killed a unicorn buck a few years ago and I need this bad boys right side to match that ones left, so I got first dibbs!!!

View attachment 63345
Hey 10 stop showing the world our trophy deer in the great state of Tennessee. Before you know it everyone will becoming here to kill our prospect.
LOL

Registered

I know you were joking but that joker is healthy regardless and that鈥檚 what really matters

Registered
I know you were joking on your post but that deer is plenty healthy and that鈥檚 what matters most...plenty of big deer in Tennessee too... you ain鈥檛 fooling nobody 馃槀.....

Lol there are some great deer in this state, the Tucker Buck being one of them. Another guy killed a 190+ buck on the TN velvet hunt in August. Lots of people are criticizing him because it was considered a urban or "pet" deer that hung around a city park and peoples yards. Not my type of hunting but whatever I guess. There's been a few good ones taken real close around me but overall I feel like we have bad genetics(in my area), lots of little scrub bucks. Between ducks, doves, and rabbits I just have no desire to hunt them hard or be selective. We have a velvet hunt in August. Its 90 degrees here in August-September. I'm not fighting 90+degree temps and buzzard sized skeeters to kill a deer. Our rifle season usually opens a week before Thanksgiving. That week until the week after Thanksgiving is about all I will hunt if it's cold enough. After that I'm chasing ducks!!! I'm just a meat hunter lol.

Registered
My nephew has been sending me big bucks on his 11acres . One picture of one of the bucks , he is standing behind a big oak tree and you can see both sides of is antlers . My nephew went out and measured the tree and the tree was 22 inches wide . I told him that I was going over there and sit all day while he was at work and let him have it on the weekends . I was just joking with him . I have seen a couple of nice bucks on my place , but it would be hard to find a place to sit for them here , tall , thick , pine saplings, with a few fields cut in and a lot of roads cut in . My best chance will be when they start running dogs . I have been seeing one of them for 5 years now .

41 - 60 of 96 Posts