Rabbit Dogs banner
1 - 20 of 96 Posts

·
Registered
5,289 Posts
Nice looking bucks . I have seen 2 recently . There were 3 last year on my property . One old big buck and 2 young twins about 2 or 3 years old . They were tall 6 point racks last year , but not very wide . One of them must have got killed last year . This year the older buck doesn’t look as big , but that young buck is nice . He looks to be 8 points now and wider than the old buck . If he makes it he will be even better next year I think . I wouldn’t have shot him last year , but I would have a hard time not shooting him this year . I would like to get that old buck since he is declining now . They hunt them so hard around here that they are hard to see once the season starts . They run dogs almost everyday during the shotgun season .

·
Registered
568 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Nice looking bucks . I have seen 2 recently . There were 3 last year on my property . One old big buck and 2 young twins about 2 or 3 years old . They were tall 6 point racks last year , but not very wide . One of them must have got killed last year . This year the older buck doesn’t look as big , but that young buck is nice . He looks to be 8 points now and wider than the old buck . If he makes it he will be even better next year I think . I wouldn’t have shot him last year , but I would have a hard time not shooting him this year . I would like to get that old buck since he is declining now . They hunt them so hard around here that they are hard to see once the season starts . They run dogs almost everyday during the shotgun season .
I hope you get him. They get a lot of pressure here also once gun season starts. I wish we could run deer up here with hounds.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Nice !
Bout that time, comes in 10th around here
Be nice to have some cooler weather
Haven’t seen any good shooters this year like last year yet
Loads of doe/fawns, groups of young bucks
Be nice just to get in the woods
Good Luck !

Attachments

·
Registered
568 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Nice !
Bout that time, comes in 10th around here
Be nice to have some cooler weather
Haven’t seen any good shooters this year like last year yet
Loads of doe/fawns, groups of young bucks
Be nice just to get in the woods
Good Luck !
I enjoy watching the fawns develop. Good luck to you also. Those are some nice bucks!

·
Registered
714 Posts
I haven't hung up the first camera, as of now only thing I've seen at my place is does does and more does. I do have a nice crop of white oak acorns this year, only ones around, I am surrounded by pine tracts and cutovers, plus planted several food plots so should be good this year by time November rolls around hopefully some good bucks will come through looking for those does.

·
Registered
568 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I haven't hung up the first camera, as of now only thing I've seen at my place is does does and more does. I do have a nice crop of white oak acorns this year, only ones around, I am surrounded by pine tracts and cutovers, plus planted several food plots so should be good this year by time November rolls around hopefully some good bucks will come through looking for those does.
I’m sure you will be just fine. We got tons of does and fawns one camera also. I think a lot of guys get hung up on letting does walk. And while that’s fine imo it’s just as important to have a healthy buck to doe ratio. We killed 10 deer last year and only 3 were bucks. We like to eat deer meat though so I’m not to picky once gun season rolls around.

·
Registered
568 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
New Visitor
Super nice deer right there Old man! This guy shifted a couple hundred yards on me after he shed his velvet but I picked him back up. Not a giant but a super solid 8. Got a big 9 also that would definitely make book just a matter of which one slips up first.
Plant Deer Tree Twig Natural landscape

1 - 20 of 96 Posts