Fund for Catignor's New Hound

Discussion in 'The Tailgate' started by Echo Hill's, Apr 1, 2010.

1. Echo Hill's

Echo Hill's Member

La
    Pledges accepted till May 1 to purchase this young man a registered hound.

Echo Hill's-(J Murphy)--$10.00

2. RKW

RKW Active Member

I pledge $10.00 and this ain't no April fool.

Roger

3. rosco

rosco New Member

I am in for 10

4. Okay, I'll go 10. Personally, I wish that I would have started with a great top end kind of dog. I am not sure what kind of money that yall can put together. But I have a thought.:idea: I have a two year old registered male, line bred Blackcreek, black dot-eyed,13 1/2 inches tall that runs good. To be honest he is what I call a mediocre dog, not what I want to breed to, but not a cull. I am willing to give this dog to the young man. Like, I saw on a Tractor Supply commercial, there is no such thing as a free dog. So he could take the money other beaglers have offered to buy things like a shock collar and dog box. Just let me know what you think. I am always up for helping a young person get into the sport.

5. I'll do 10. I also have a litter due may 13 stubby/ kbuck breeding and i'll give him a pup if she has over 3 pups they have already been promised. I'll do everything i can to get a young person started

6. FB

FB Administrator Staff Member

For those that dont know what this is about;

CLICK HERE

Ill give $10. I thought about giving him a pup out of some litters I have coming but I dont know how Id get it from Arkansas to Virginia.

7. beagleman01

beagleman01 Active Member

i'm in for $10 where do we send it

8. FB

I think James (Echo Hills) is going to handle it but Im not sure.

Anybody know someone in Virginia that might have some pups for sale?

9. Echo Hill's

Echo Hill's Member

La
    We will collect pledges till May 1 and then I will give an address to send money orders or cashier checks to. I know everyone is willing to help but it is a long long way from down south to Virginia to try to get a beagle from down here up to him. Let see where this all leads us and where to go from there.

Thanks Everybody for your interest.. Things like this don't happen near enough anymore.

10. What part of Virginia is he from where we can try to find one closer to him

11. 12Gauge

12Gauge Active Member

Count me in for $10

12. rosco

rosco New Member

Guys,
    Here is a couple of ideas:
    1. goto http://www.beaglesforsaleonline.com/search.php and find a dog in Va.
    Hit search on the page goto location and hit Va.
    If we go this way we can debate the best looking deal.

2. If we could pull it off in time ,get a dog , send it to the nationals and catch a ride from their.
    I noticed when looking at beagles for sale some of those Va, guys are going to Nationals.

Question : Do we need a new pup or a started dog since he will be starting with 1 dog.

I like option 2 since poor boy offer to donate a dog. Then we can donate our money to up keep or cool stuff
    What do ya'll think ?

13. dbounds

dbounds Active Member

I'm in for $10 just let me know where to send it!

14. I'm in for 10. Any one know what shipping would cost?

15. Last I checked, we could ship by ground for 250. The dog I mentioned is a son of Geralds Rabbit Road Honky Tonk.

16. vahounds

vahounds Member

i live in virginia, and would be glad to help if i can, i dont know where he lives in virginia, but i'm only about 4 hours from the furthest part of va top to bottom.

540-325-3342
    adam

17. FB

I know some guys that are probably going to the nationals but vahounds might be able to help us out too.

18. 12Gauge

12Gauge Active Member

Come on now , don't let this die down. Most of us throw $10 away in a week on cokes and other stuff. Here is a chance to help a young fellow get started, where would we be if noone helps others??

19. RKW

RKW Active Member

Fellows from my estimation it looks like we have $110.00 pledged so far. There are more than enough members to do this for this young man. We need to pull together and make this happen. I am going to double my pledge to $20.00 toward this project. This is an excellent way to give back to the sport and support its future through our youth. Thanks for your support.

Roger