Friday night

Discussion in 'The Tailgate' started by Crossroads, Apr 9, 2010.

1. any one going to run hounds tonight

2. Bglenut

Bglenut New Member

Not me - I have a PARTY to be at ..... Yall have fun.

3. Jeff Gammon

Jeff Gammon Active Member

I have a party to be at too. It will consist of me and 2 blackcreek pups. We have invited several rabbits. I sure do hope they show up

4. rosco

rosco New Member

Jeff I am invited some mosquiteo repellent to go with me.
    The mosquiteos are starting to crrash our party.
    I am takeing 2 robss diamonds and the little blackcreek female.

Should be a good race.

The little Rd male that was in and out of the race last week jumped the rabbit and stayed in there last night.

When Kevin gets them papers back and gets them to Brandon we may have something for you.
    If you see Kevin this weekend at the trial let him know Brandon has them pups running almost everynight and they are comming along.

5. that sound like a great party jeff

6. have to work tonight.:banghead:

7. beagleman01

beagleman01 Active Member

heading to the ok state hunt a nidnight

8. RKW

RKW Active Member

It is going to be a near perfect night and I want to go bad but I'm still being cautious about overdoing it. I walked down the road to my pond just before dark and saw 2 rabbits just begging to be run. Hope ya'll have great races tonight. Good luck!

Roger

9. DismalDawg

DismalDawg New Member

Just got in from a real smokeing run. We ran the rabbit dogs tonight,five seasoned hounds that haven't been out much since the season went out in Feb. They were rested and ready. Our first turn out we got a jump in less than 5 min. and they stayed tied to it for a full hour on the watch. They got so tight on this one that it started to go in my neighbors yard and was upsetting his rottwiler so we caught them off and moved.
    The next turn out they got a start right off the tailgate and ran this one also like they were looking at it until it went to a hole. It wasn't long before they had another one going and like the other two they smoked. It was getting late so we went in and caught the dogs off. We ran for 4 hrs and it was as good as we have had in a while. We had about a inch of rain early this morning and it cooled down to 60 degrees this evening,it was the perfect night to run.

10. I didn't get a good race going tonight they would jump and run like crazy for about ten min. then shut up for awhile than do it again i wasn't to happy to night:headscratch:

11. Jeff Gammon

Jeff Gammon Active Member

It was my pups first time in the wild after getting out of the starting pen. They didn't run like old dogs, but I was well pleased

12. I had some good running friday night. It took me awhile to get one up. When they did the race was on.

13. Hoot

Hoot New Member

s.c.
    I ran friday nite myself had a graet race forfor well over an hour :up: