Rabbit Dogs banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts

·
Registered
363 Posts
Then there’s this issue that needs addressed. Happens way to often. There was a ship delivering a load of BMW EV’s last year that caught fire and sank. Haven’t heard what caused the fire but my moneys on the EV fire. I wouldn’t park an EV indoors.

·
Registered
2,486 Posts
Then there’s this issue that needs addressed. Happens way to often. There was a ship delivering a load of BMW EV’s last year that caught fire and sank. Haven’t heard what caused the fire but my moneys on the EV fire. I wouldn’t park an EV indoors.
There apparently is some question about what caused the fire on that ship. Any car could catch fire. If your standard ICE (internal combustion engine) vehicle has a short in the electrical system, or a fluid leak onto a hot exhaust, it could also catch fire in your garage. EV fires are rare, but generally related to the battery systems. As battery technology improves (i.e. solid state batteries, etc) the risk of fire will continue to lessen. More data will come in time, but studies so far don’t show EVs to be any more at risk for fires than ICEs. Both appear to be very low risk.

·
Registered
35 Posts
There apparently is some question about what caused the fire on that ship. Any car could catch fire. If your standard ICE (internal combustion engine) vehicle has a short in the electrical system, or a fluid leak onto a hot exhaust, it could also catch fire in your garage. EV fires are rare, but generally related to the battery systems. As battery technology improves (i.e. solid state batteries, etc) the risk of fire will continue to lessen. More data will come in time, but studies so far don’t show EVs to be any more at risk for fires than ICEs. Both appear to be very low risk.
I will definitely own an electric pickup in the future. But I do want to let everyone who wants to pay $80-150k on these new ones to do all the testing on them first. Then I’ll buy one in a few generations after they are cheaper, more reliable, and faster charging.

·
Registered
35 Posts
It’s very possible my next hunting truck will be a Tacoma, after the electric version arrives next year!
I want Toyota to do a plug in Hybrid truck. That would suit my needs perfectly. I wouldn’t use any gas during the week going to work, but I would have a gas backup for the weekend when I’m going hunting or going on road trips…etc.

·
Registered
2,486 Posts
I want Toyota to do a plug in Hybrid truck. That would suit my needs perfectly. I wouldn’t use any gas during the week going to work, but I would have a gas backup for the weekend when I’m going hunting or going on road trips…etc.
I would like that too, if the battery had good range. From what I read, it sounds like the Tacoma will offer only a full EV.

·
Registered
4,120 Posts
Our great leaders of this Country gave all of our Technology to China instead of keeping it in our Country giving good jobs for our people here. Of course you do know who filled their pockets in these deals. I do remember walking in a certain Big Box store years ago and everything showed big signs saying MADE IN AMERICA !!! Now all is made in China. Recently went in a restaurant, looking the menu over every item except the CHICKEN said, IMPORTED. "WHY", did this happen to our Country???

·
Premium Member
163 Posts
If I buy another vehicle, it’ll be a army tank !
Buy anything electric and you’re going to be SOL
Also anything made in China
Since they threatened and said they are cutting ties with the U S today
U S politicians have sold out our Country
We should have been manufacturing our own goods
Now we will all suffer the consequences

·
Registered
6,468 Posts
Our great leaders of this Country gave all of our Technology to China instead of keeping it in our Country giving good jobs for our people here. Of course you do know who filled their pockets in these deals. I do remember walking in a certain Big Box store years ago and everything showed big signs saying MADE IN AMERICA !!! Now all is made in China. Recently went in a restaurant, looking the menu over every item except the CHICKEN said, IMPORTED. "WHY", did this happen to our Country???
John it was the start of "The North American Free Trade Act." let others make items, all of the jobs went overseas, cheaper to make in China. It has been all about the almighty dollar. Just saying, JMHO

·
Registered
1,689 Posts
Yeah but Foxxy you know the Chinese are doing it in an environmentally friendly way so we can keep supporting these jerks that are sending everything overseas through their POLICIES I wonder if after the IRS is weaponized against these folks just as they are promising to do will they still give support No taxes for people making less than 400k LOL What a croc

·
Registered
6,468 Posts
I agree Jeffro i forgot about the IRS hiring more staff and buying up a lot of ammo. What is that all about?
I swear politicians come up with the most hair brained ideas, the thought process is, “It doesn’t make any sense so we have to do it”. I worked for a couple of agencies at the Administrative level and left for new jobs because of hair brained ideas they wanted to implement. None for me thanks. I left for a better job. Just saying, JMHO (y) :)

·
Registered
211 Posts
I am a production manager at a small factory maybe 130 people total. We also have three other plants a crossed the Midwest with the same problem. We could easily use a 170 but no one wants to work is the problem. Can’t make anything in the usa if we are all too lazy to work. The big orange trump machine that everyone seams to worship on here was supposed ( or at least promised to) fix things in this regard but it got worse. He decided to give out a bunch of free money and make it ok for people that already didn’t want to work another reason not to. All why raging trade wars on country’s that were actually making products while about 50% of the US work force were setting at home drawing 900 a week for way to long. So we are paying for that now. You may not want to believe it but these actions are why things cost so much now! So then he gets voted out and It’s the new guys fault. I’m not a fan of the new guy either I think that’s something most can agree on, but the overwhelming support for a guy that left this country in shambles after a 4 year stint is mind blowing to me. Lol you can all get mad and call me stupid or a libtard. I can tell you that I’m very conservative person and do not agree with the moral side of either party right now. But you far left guys that our preaching this trump crap to save the very situation that HE caused is just down right foolish. Again just my opinion!!!!!

·
Premium Member
163 Posts
Wow ! 😂
Guess I’m going to have a sex change performed on all my beagles and sale them for big bucks in California after reading that
Or maybe jerk down a historic statue
Maybe loot and burn a city
Maybe do away with the police
Maybe just leave the borders open and welcome everybody to come take our jobs and bring their death drugs to our children
I should be happy to pay double for gas/food etc
Don’t forget, turn your guns in !
Maybe some of the working people that received stimulus checks that didn’t really need them should just send it back or have
donated it to a family in need
Better off now than two years ago, no way !
Not my opinion
Fact !

·
Registered
363 Posts
I am a production manager at a small factory maybe 130 people total. We also have three other plants a crossed the Midwest with the same problem. We could easily use a 170 but no one wants to work is the problem. Can’t make anything in the usa if we are all too lazy to work. The big orange trump machine that everyone seams to worship on here was supposed ( or at least promised to) fix things in this regard but it got worse. He decided to give out a bunch of free money and make it ok for people that already didn’t want to work another reason not to. All why raging trade wars on country’s that were actually making products while about 50% of the US work force were setting at home drawing 900 a week for way to long. So we are paying for that now. You may not want to believe it but these actions are why things cost so much now! So then he gets voted out and It’s the new guys fault. I’m not a fan of the new guy either I think that’s something most can agree on, but the overwhelming support for a guy that left this country in shambles after a 4 year stint is mind blowing to me. Lol you can all get mad and call me stupid or a libtard. I can tell you that I’m very conservative person and do not agree with the moral side of either party right now. But you far left guys that our preaching this trump crap to save the very situation that HE caused is just down right foolish. Again just my opinion!!!!!
I agree with some of your assessment, but not sure what country your economic numbers pertain to. Trump’s only money give away was when we shut down completely the us economy for the initial Covid response. I believe GDP averaged 3% which is the growth in our economy and when he left office the CPI was 1.4%, which is how we measure inflation. Today CPI is 9%. I guess it’s Trumps fault Biden and the dims passed all the spending bills after he left office. And they ain’t done yet..more on the way.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Wow !
Guess I’m going to have a sex change performed on all my beagles and sale them for big bucks in California after reading that
Or maybe jerk down a historic statue
Maybe loot and burn a city
Maybe do away with the police
Maybe just leave the borders open and welcome everybody to come take our jobs and bring their death drugs to our children
I should be happy to pay double for gas/food etc
Don’t forget, turn your guns in !
Maybe some of the working people that received stimulus checks that didn’t really need them should just send it back or have
donated it to a family in need
Better off now than two years ago, no way !
Not my opinion
Fact !
I assume you are responding to me with the wow lol! You people only retain what information you want. I plainly said that I’m not a fan of this administration either. Also stated that I am conservative in values but you were blinded by the mean words I said about your godly idol trump. Just trying to make the point that he had help in where we are at today and everyone is still in his corner and want him back. He made you all a bunch of promises and came through on none of them. He was gonna build a wall lol that was a joke. He built his empire with illegals lol but that’s ok I guess.
I never agreed with the looting or burning!
I never agreed with defunding the police or anything else you wrote in your response! I believe I said I don’t like the new guy either if you go back and reread what I wrote. Sorry if I hurt your feelings was not my intention but I also didn’t think trump supporters had feelings since they loved all his mean tweets and all. Your orange god will only make things worse was all I was trying to say!!!!!!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts