Food Plots

Discussion in 'Rabbit Hunting and Beagling' started by RKW, Feb 11, 2010.

1. RKW

RKW Active Member

I'm thinking about what to plant on the lanes through my property where I hunt. I have some rye grass seed left over so I'll use that but what else could you suggest that rabbits really like to eat. I live in south central Arkansas so it has to be something that will grow here, which is probably anything. Thanks

Roger

2. Echo Hill's

Echo Hill's Member

La
    Roger

If you can get your hands on some high quality pigeon feed, try planting some of it. I had racing homers for a long time and I would plant any leftover feed or wasted feed in my food plots for deer. It contains many high quality seeds from such things as Austrian Peas.vetch. real rye.oats,wheat etc. It will come up in stages and at different times but rabbits,deer,turkeys will wear it out and its actually not that expensive. People on the deer club were always wanting to know what the heck I was planting but I kinda kept it to myself because it sure works good!

James

3. RKW

RKW Active Member

Thanks James. I don't believe I've ever seen that in the feed store and I used to own one. I'll look into Pidgeon fee.

Roger

4. Plant you some clover seeds rabbits around the house eat thatall the time

5. clover. It will last about five years . I bet some kind of peas would be good too.

6. clover always good also cow peas wrk well a buddy of mine planted some for quail but rabbits love em as well