Rabbit Dogs banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was looking at your web site, and was curious how your gyp hurst cane susy was. Tell me how she runs, and her hunt and mouth. Thanks:D

·
Premium Member
3,041 Posts
I didnt notice it till just now but I think Ive got those names backwards. :smack:

Im gonna have to wait till I get home to make sure but I think Susy and Belle should be switched. The pedigrees are right, just on the wrong dogs.

Anyway, I like her. She's a bluetick and doesnt have the "blackcreek look" and her tail is full length. She hunts good and runs good. She's got a chop mouth and uses it right 99% of the time. She's pretty independent when your trying to jump a rabbit. She wants to hunt where she wants to, not where I want her to. In a way thats good so I dont fault her for it. The only thing Id really want to change about her would be her speed. She's a step slower than most of my other dogs and seldom runs the front with them. She just slots up and runs where she's at.

·
Registered
2,365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The gyp I was talking about is out of Teddy Mac. I have 3 young pups out of him, that I am just starting. Curious how she was with her speed and mouth. Teddy Mac is cold nosed, and is a hell of a jump dog. He smells the rabbit when others cannot. He does not run the front, but will get the checks most of the time. Just curious on his offspring. Thanks

·
Premium Member
3,041 Posts
She sounds alot like him except I wouldnt call her cold nosed or a jump dog. She hunts hard and will stumble up on one every now and then but she doesnt jump alot of rabbits. She might get better at it though because I dont think she's been run very much. She stays pretty close to the point of loss and gets her share of checks and I like that.

How tall is Teddy Mac?

Isnt he bluetick?

I havent measured her but Im guessing she's pretty close to 13".

·
Registered
2,365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have not messured him, but would say he is 13 to 14 inches. You can see his pic at Gary Ragsdales site. He is a great lookin hound. I have a choc. female, that he threw that looks like your pup.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts