Fb pup update

Discussion in 'Rabbit Hunting and Beagling' started by plumber, Mar 25, 2010.

1. plumber

plumber Active Member

Took those two pups to the starting pen today, started to open right away had not been there 10 mins:up:. I got good feelins about them two. I will give you a report when I get them back. Thanks again :D

2. RKW

RKW Active Member

How old are they Plumber? What age do you try to get them into a starting pen?

Roger

3. plumber

plumber Active Member

These pups were born in Sept. of 09. I try and put them in at 5 months old. I have found with Blackcreeks they have to be some of the easiest pups to get started. They just seem to take to it like ducks to water. There will be a few in a litter that takes a little longer, but over all they seem to have it in them from the start. I have two eight month old girls that I started at between 5 and 6 months old that you would swear are running like grown dogs. Now they still have alot of pup in them, but when its a hot track its all business.:thumb:

4. RKW

RKW Active Member

Plumber I have a 3/4 Blackcreek female the will be 2 years old in May. I bought her from James Murphy and I appreciate him selling her to me. She still has a lot pup in her as I see her running and playing round and round in the pen with my Mt. Fiest. But when I cut her loose she too is all about the race. As a matter of fact she reached another level in that race I wrote about on here Monday. She is easy on the eyes too but she isn't a black headed hound. I would like dogs that you describe as easy starters. It is frustrating to fool with one over and over trying to get them going.

Roger

5. FB

FB Administrator Staff Member

Thats pretty amazing.

I hope they turn out to be good dogs for you.

6. beagleman01

beagleman01 Active Member

good luck with your pups