Rabbit Dogs banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Took those two pups to the starting pen today, started to open right away had not been there 10 mins:up:. I got good feelins about them two. I will give you a report when I get them back. Thanks again :D

·
Registered
2,365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
These pups were born in Sept. of 09. I try and put them in at 5 months old. I have found with Blackcreeks they have to be some of the easiest pups to get started. They just seem to take to it like ducks to water. There will be a few in a litter that takes a little longer, but over all they seem to have it in them from the start. I have two eight month old girls that I started at between 5 and 6 months old that you would swear are running like grown dogs. Now they still have alot of pup in them, but when its a hot track its all business.:thumb:

·
Registered
2,050 Posts
These pups were born in Sept. of 09. I try and put them in at 5 months old. I have found with Blackcreeks they have to be some of the easiest pups to get started. They just seem to take to it like ducks to water. There will be a few in a litter that takes a little longer, but over all they seem to have it in them from the start. I have two eight month old girls that I started at between 5 and 6 months old that you would swear are running like grown dogs. Now they still have alot of pup in them, but when its a hot track its all business.:thumb:
Plumber I have a 3/4 Blackcreek female the will be 2 years old in May. I bought her from James Murphy and I appreciate him selling her to me. She still has a lot pup in her as I see her running and playing round and round in the pen with my Mt. Fiest. But when I cut her loose she too is all about the race. As a matter of fact she reached another level in that race I wrote about on here Monday. She is easy on the eyes too but she isn't a black headed hound. I would like dogs that you describe as easy starters. It is frustrating to fool with one over and over trying to get them going.

Roger

1 - 6 of 6 Posts