Rabbit Dogs banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Super Moderator
3,515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Het Freddie, do you have a date for a fall trial in AR. yet. I know there are two in October one in MO. and one in KS. Let me know when you know for sure, I need to make sure I get time off.
Thanks,
Brian

·
Premium Member
3,041 Posts
We're supposed to meet with game and fish sometime this month and work out the dates.

Its gonna probably be either late October or December. November is probably gonna be out because they have permit hunts for deer there and its too hot in September.

We'll probably have another two day hunt in March with one of them being the state hunt.

The ones in Kansas and Missouri are brace trials right?

·
Registered
1,992 Posts
What kinda trial is this gonna be? Acadiana beagle club has their licensed spo trial the second weekend of October this year instead of the first. Also where is it gonna be. I'd love to make it up that way and put some faces with some names.

·
Super Moderator
3,515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
FB, both hunts in Oct. are GD Brace. Oct. 9 and 10 in Ashgrove and Oct. 23 and 24 in KS. Both are state and Reg. hunts. We look forward to coming back to Ark. hope you can squeez one in. Be trappin and hunting in Dec., Western KS rabbit hunt for a week in early Nov., be a busy fall and early winter.

·
Premium Member
3,041 Posts
If you like SPO youd probably like these formats.

I havent been to a brace trial yet but you see alot of Otis, Shorts, etc. just like SPO. I like Gundog Pack. 5 dogs is the most you can have in a cast till you get to the winners pack and there can be up to 7 in it.

Morrilton is in central Arkansas about 50 or so miles west of Little Rock. Id like to see of you see Louisiana guys come up here and give it a try sometime. There is a club near Houma (I think thats where its at anyway) that runs the same trials.

·
Premium Member
3,041 Posts
Ill let yall know when we set a date.

You can go to www.arha.com and look under Gundog Pack for rules, etc.

It aint gonna be for everybody but thats why there are so many different formats. I just happen to like the style dog that this one promotes. Medium/upper medium, close, and clean that dont over run a turn more than a few dog lengths.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts