Favorite color

Discussion in 'Rabbit Hunting and Beagling' started by Jeff Gammon, Feb 17, 2010.

1. Jeff Gammon

Jeff Gammon Active Member

I know the color of a hound don't run a rabbit, all other qualties being equal what color would you choose?

2. Spini Boys

Spini Boys Moderator

I like a good Tri-Color, my second would be black & Tan.

3. Jeff Gammon

I like mine blk/wht/tn. But a saw a picture of Huff's Riverland Charter, the best looking brown/ white/ tan dog I ever laid eyes on. I almost got to the point of coveting

4. Echo Hill's

Echo Hill's Member

La
    Tri-colored blanket back with a solid red head, no blaze with a Black and Tan close behind.

Jeff

Charter is a very good looking male. When he was at Lane Rugg's house and still belonged to Bud Huff, we ran the snot out of him. He could be very impressive and could flat run some rabbit. Troy Barber has a son right now that is his clone right down to the streak in his back!

5. RKW

RKW Active Member

I like any color that can run a rabbit but Black&Tan and Black/Tan and White then Tri-color would be my order of favor. FC Clear-Cut Uncle Jessie is a good looking BT&W.

Roger

6. I like tri color and red and white

7. john c

john c New Member

This ones easy for me.I love a tri-color with a blanket back .

8. plumber

plumber Active Member

About the best looking hound I have seen yet had to be Rebels Last Chance, he can be seen at tickledbluebeagles web site. He is a red tick, that is just plan ole good lookin. I even went and bought some pups out of him, and paid good money for. Long story short, worst money I have ever spent. Lesson learned the hard way!!!!!!:banghead:

9. I like the blueticks. I'm wanting a whole pack of them one of these days.

10. Jeff Gammon

Ever once in a great while you see a dog that you just really like. I am that way about that Charter dog. Looks like a great built hound, and I saw a little bit of video of him, looked pretty good. If I ever get rich and famous, wouldn't mind trying a pup out of him and a really good bitch

11. Thats how I feel about Shooters Zuce dog. Man, he's purrty.

12. Big Holler

Big Holler New Member

Blueticks for me every time!

13. dbounds

dbounds Active Member

Black and Tan with white highlights!

14. cgraham

cgraham New Member

15. BRamsey

BRamsey Moderator

Black,White,Tan for me but I saw a black head bluetick dog on one of the websites on top 100 beagle sites that looked just awesome.

16. MackC

MackC Moderator

I've always been partial to red and white and lemon and white dogs. I also like a good dark bluetick.

17. salzer mtn

salzer mtn Active Member

I like a bluetick, but i also think conformation has a lot to do with a good looking beagle. A beagle could be a bluetick but if it's a long body, keen nosed, long haired, curled tail crooked leg's outfit then it would be ugly no matter what color it was.