Rabbit Dogs banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6,684 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Temperature has dropped, some leaves on trees are changing. I have seen large flocks of blackbirds, easily 500 birds. I love the smell of Fall, air is crisp and cool but days are shorter. I have to winterize and shrink wrap the boat, close the pool, put summer deck furniture away, winterize zero turn, and weed whip, run the generator, change the oil, oh yah, and run the dogs. JMHO

·
Registered
3,139 Posts
Temperature has dropped, some leaves on trees are changing. I have seen large flocks of blackbirds, easily 500 birds. I love the smell of Fall, air is crisp and cool but days are shorter. I have to winterize and shrink wrap the boat, close the pool, put summer deck furniture away, winterize zero turn, and weed whip, run the generator, change the oil, oh yah, and run the dogs. JMHO
It brings back memories of my youth down in Louisiana. A couple weeks prior to the first cold front, there would be large flocks of geese honking their way across the sky. It gave me a lonely feeling because I was limited in my travel and the geese seemed so free to see the world.
A decade or so later the geese quit flying due to the government wildlife programs, feeding them. I think they called it "short stopping".
Nothing stays the same.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts