Echo Hills

Discussion in 'Rabbit Hunting and Beagling' started by RKW, Mar 17, 2010.

1. RKW

RKW Active Member

James, how are the new pups doing? I don't know why but I've been thinking about them a lot here lately. Did you post their pedigree on here? How old are they now? Their parents can sure run a rabbit as a matter of fact I can still see that little lemon and white female burning that rabbit up in the pen. She is a Hot Onion for sure.

Roger

2. Echo Hill's

Echo Hill's Member

La
    Lost down to 3 that are 2 weeks old. Female was late dropping milk in fact I actually learned something from all this. Slowly lost pups for the first 3 days due to lack of milk production and weak pups.

My vet recommended that I put her on Enfamil to bring her milk in. It worked like a charm. She probably would not have raised all 9 but the ones that are left are fat and fine. He said Milk-Aid was OK but the infant replacement was better in his opinion. The additional calcium is what she needed along with the vitamins.

3. RKW

RKW Active Member

James, I hate to hear that you lost those pups. Are you saying that after you put her on enfamil her bag filled and she could have saved the pups? I have used powdered milk but never thought of enfamil.

Roger

4. Echo Hill's

Echo Hill's Member

La
    Vet believed that if we had put her on Enfamil earlier we could have saved some more pups that got too weak to nurse. We were trying to feed them ourselves with Supplement milk replacement but it did not help those that were not getting enough mother's milk. The Enfamil definitely helped bring in the milk for several more pups if we could have saved them.

5. RKW

RKW Active Member

Well it is tough to loose the pups but the Enfamil knowledge may help us and others in this same situation in the future. Thanks for the info.

Roger

6. Bglenut

Bglenut New Member

I have use Enfamil in the past to help a large litter out and the mother out too.

If you tube feed the pups (tube straight to the stomach) you can do a whole litter in 3 to 5 mins.

James - I hope the other pups make it and you enjoy then.