Echo Hills/Breeding ?

Discussion in 'Breeding, Bloodlines, and Pedigrees' started by RKW, Mar 21, 2010.

1. RKW

RKW Active Member

James, my wife was cleaning the kennels yesterday and she told me that she thought Lady, the dog I got from Lane Rugg was coming in season. I don't have the time right now because I may be leaving to work soon but it got me to wondering what bloodoine would cross really nice with her. She is Cocoa Bear top and bottom. I would also like to keep the black and tan color. Is there a good FC that you would recommend? I thought you might have some suggestions.

Roger

2. Bglenut

Bglenut New Member

I don't want to step on any toes here, But I thought I would give you a couple of studs to look into.

Terry Nelson has a couple great FC Studs - Check out his web site at www.hardtimeskennel.com - Call him and he will be happy to show you the 2 studs run a rabbit.

Also Greg and Nick Nichols - (318)614-2105 - Has a few Studs to look into also.

Both Guys has studs going back to you bloodline on your female.

Hope this helps a little

Last edited: Mar 21, 2010

3. RKW

RKW Active Member

Thanks David, you're not stepping on any toes but I couldn't open the website. It went to something else.

Roger

4. Bglenut

Bglenut New Member

5. Echo Hill's

Echo Hill's Member

La
    Roger

I will study on this a little bit before I would make a recommendation. Knowing how she runs and all will help with making a good decision on a possible cross. How far do you want to drive cause I have at least 1 in mind already?

6. RKW

RKW Active Member

How far have you got in mind? Would you have her bred if you were me? Whether I have her bred or not will also depend on how close my next job is to home too. I would love to have a pair of females out of her what do you think? Be honest, I have asked this question for all who read to see as I respect your opinon either way.

Roger

7. Bglenut

Bglenut New Member

What is her full pedigree ?

8. RKW

RKW Active Member

Bglenut, I have tried to pull her pedigree up on espomagazine but I just can't get it to work for me. Her registered name is Wine Creek Shady Lady and her Reg. # HP22567703 maybe you can find it on espo.

Roger

9. Echo Hill's

Echo Hill's Member

La
    You want my honest opinion so if you are not going to be home to dedicate the time to her and the pups I won't breed till later.

Now if you want to breed her and don't mind driving, I would go to Georgia and breed to FC Tate's Yogi. She would match up very well with him and the pups would be Black & Tan.

Lady's Ped
    http://www.espomagazine.com/pedigrees/5225.htm

Last edited: Mar 22, 2010
  10. RKW

RKW Active Member

Thanks James, Yogi's ped. and story looks and sounds good. I found it on pg. 76 in Hounds and Hunting. That would be a good cross. That is a long way to drive from here. I hope I find out while she is in season where I will be going. I tried to post her ped. on here but I couldn't get espo to work for me for some reason. I must not have done something right.

Roger

You got that ped. on here before I could make this post. Thanks

11. Greg Nichols in North La has a real good fc thats blackcreek on top and cocoa bear on bottom. FC Ready - To - Run Smokey

12. beagleman01

beagleman01 Active Member

roger how long you gonna be gone?

13. RKW

RKW Active Member

Tim I can't answer that, but what I can say is if I work close enough to get home on the weekends I will try to have her bred. My wife will probably stay home if I do this and see after them during the week. I love what I do for a living but sometimes the away from home stuff sucks.

Roger

14. beagleman01

beagleman01 Active Member

thats the way it was when i was in the army away alot but i still miss it sometimes. good luck with your gyp and maybe some puppies