Rabbit Dogs banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,050 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
James, my wife was cleaning the kennels yesterday and she told me that she thought Lady, the dog I got from Lane Rugg was coming in season. I don't have the time right now because I may be leaving to work soon but it got me to wondering what bloodoine would cross really nice with her. She is Cocoa Bear top and bottom. I would also like to keep the black and tan color. Is there a good FC that you would recommend? I thought you might have some suggestions.

Roger

·
Registered
470 Posts
I don't want to step on any toes here, But I thought I would give you a couple of studs to look into.

Terry Nelson has a couple great FC Studs - Check out his web site at www.hardtimeskennel.com - Call him and he will be happy to show you the 2 studs run a rabbit.

Also Greg and Nick Nichols - (318)614-2105 - Has a few Studs to look into also.

Both Guys has studs going back to you bloodline on your female.

Hope this helps a little

·
Registered
2,050 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks David, you're not stepping on any toes but I couldn't open the website. It went to something else.

Roger

·
Registered
908 Posts
Roger

I will study on this a little bit before I would make a recommendation. Knowing how she runs and all will help with making a good decision on a possible cross. How far do you want to drive cause I have at least 1 in mind already?

·
Registered
2,050 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Roger

I will study on this a little bit before I would make a recommendation. Knowing how she runs and all will help with making a good decision on a possible cross. How far do you want to drive cause I have at least 1 in mind already?
How far have you got in mind? Would you have her bred if you were me? Whether I have her bred or not will also depend on how close my next job is to home too. I would love to have a pair of females out of her what do you think? Be honest, I have asked this question for all who read to see as I respect your opinon either way.

Roger

·
Registered
2,050 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Bglenut, I have tried to pull her pedigree up on espomagazine but I just can't get it to work for me. Her registered name is Wine Creek Shady Lady and her Reg. # HP22567703 maybe you can find it on espo.

Roger

·
Registered
2,050 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks James, Yogi's ped. and story looks and sounds good. I found it on pg. 76 in Hounds and Hunting. That would be a good cross. That is a long way to drive from here. I hope I find out while she is in season where I will be going. I tried to post her ped. on here but I couldn't get espo to work for me for some reason. I must not have done something right.

Roger

You got that ped. on here before I could make this post. Thanks

·
Registered
2,050 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
roger how long you gonna be gone?
Tim I can't answer that, but what I can say is if I work close enough to get home on the weekends I will try to have her bred. My wife will probably stay home if I do this and see after them during the week. I love what I do for a living but sometimes the away from home stuff sucks.

Roger

1 - 14 of 14 Posts