E-collar on pups????

Discussion in 'Rabbit Hunting and Beagling' started by Owl Creek, Dec 23, 2009.

1. Owl Creek

Owl Creek New Member

At what age do you start pups on come to tone and whistel with the e-collar?????
    i have a 5 month old that is big enough to pack one around .
    he will come to whistel , snap of fingers , call of name.
    and seem to be very eager to please.
    but the last 2 weeks when he gets close enough to grab him. he wants to do a fly by.

2. I have a 7 mth old that always minded good but now that she has got rabbit crazy & haven to go get & carry her out , I`m train en her with collar, I try not to use em as long as i can but when they handel right ,its time ta collar em up.

3. Owl Creek

Owl Creek New Member

Thanks Rob,
    i have been bringing him in for an hour or two a night and playing with him.
    verse just paying attention to him in the yard with the other dogs. when i let them out in the evening.
    he is doing better and will even bring back a stuff toy rabbit.
    ( my wife bought it!! i am not that soft just so yall know:whistle:)
    anyway he is doing fine some times i forget he is just a pup.
    but i was thinking maybe it would be a good ideal to tone him when i call or snap or whistel then he can put 2 and 2 together with out the shock.
    then when i have to introduce the shock for not comeing becasle of a distraction he might learn it faster.

what do ya think?

4. Five months is about the time I start their E-collar training. I start this in my little starting pen til I see how they react to the stimulation.