Rabbit Dogs banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The DSBGF Two Couple Pack Championship will be held May 8 at Mr. Ronnie Britts pin. All DSBGF members are invited.

·
Registered
470 Posts
Physical address for GPS is :

3627 Allred Dr
Wesson, MS 39191

From the South :
HEADQUARTERS & RUNNING GROUNDS: From Interstate 55 in Brookhaven, MS, take Exit 40. Go west on Brookway Blvd. 0.2 mile, turn right on Industrial Park Rd. beside the Animal Medical Center. Go to the stop sign at Hwy. 550, turn left, go approx. 8.5 miles, turn right on Allred Rd. and go 2.4 miles to the clubhouse on the left. Signs will be posted from 1-55 to the clubhouse.

From the North :
HEADQUARTERS & RUNNING GROUNDS: Honeysuckle Run running pens (owned by Mr. Ronnie Britt), Brookhaven, MS. From Interstate 55, take Exit 42 -Brookhaven North and travel west 2.8 miles on Dunn Ratcliff Rd. At stop sign, take right on Hwy. 550 West. Travel 6.2 miles to Allred Road and turn right. Clubhouse and running pens will be 2.4 miles on left.

Any more info call Ronny Britt at : 601-833-7813

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Cottonland Beagle Club will be hosting the trial. Also contact Melvin Harvey - 319-926-5599 or James Hough - 318-376-1960. Thanks

·
Registered
3,499 Posts
yea i call Ronnie Britt & also talked to the cotton land boy , its strickly time judged from lane. Don Copeland & James Huff is judgeing from cotton land & dont no who the other 2 will be from there. I wont be able to go, sending the trophy cup down to them befor trialm tired of dusting the thing , but it was an honer to have won it last year

·
Registered
431 Posts
sure they will have a big turn out but dont think I will be going if its judging from the lane. Since I've judged a few tcp's you would be suprised what goes on with the dogs if you aint watching them... Just my opinion though

·
Registered
470 Posts
I feel the same way - That is not what the DSBGF TCP was started for. (lane judging).

I guess I will head to KY to the UBGF Derby Run-Off.

Oh well - I had a couple of packs to enter between me and a friend, but I will not enter them if that is the way it will be judged.

·
Registered
908 Posts
Guys
We have been told by Deep South officers that it will be judged just like previous TCP Championships. Somebody in the know needs to let folks know the real deal before May 8. I for one do not like clocking from the lane and think the Deep South is against it also. Lets promote rabbit running gundogs that will pack and progress a track efficiently with minimum down time. That is what TCP was formed for and started out as.

·
Registered
470 Posts
Thats great news if it's true. I hope they will post the news if it is true. KY is a long way from Ms and Brookhaven is a lot shorter of a drive.

·
Registered
908 Posts
David

The Ad on Page 6 April Hounds and Hunting is shown as the DSBGF Championship and it isn't shown as a fun trial (as stated on ESPO). Purina and Tri-tronics are sponsors for the event and they do not give prizes for fun trials.The Deep South would be very foolish to allow these sponsors to learn that something different from a championship was using their generous donations for prizes. This is the real deal no matter what is being said by some. Also says Qualified TCP Judges will be announced. That to me means , Judges capable of looking at hounds and knowing what TCP really is. Which is impossible to do from a lane
As I said DSBGF officers are aware of what is being said and they do need to step up to tell the real deal. This is not a Fun Trial but is a Championship Trial.

·
Registered
431 Posts
This is from Mrs. Harvey, Cottonland Beagle Club

Leroy, This year the championship tcp trial will be held as a fun trial. the reason for this is that it is a "fund raiser" for Deep South. In the last couple of years, the attendance has been so low at Lic. TCP trials that it actually cost the clubs money to hold them, whereas the "fun trials seem to bring beaglers out in droves. We (Cottonland B.C.) were asked to host this trial this year because no other beagle club wanted to do it. The Trophy will be awarded to the winner as usual and hopefully, Deep South will make money for the land fund. The club that holds this trial next year can combine it with an AKC lic. trial at their discretion.

Margaret Harvey

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
James the rules that will be used to judge the DSTCP Championship are the same that was used at North La. TCP Trial. Judges will look at the packs to see that all four dogs are in the pack, the dogs are moving the line and that three dogs are barking. If any of these are missing the run clock will be stopped. We will also use the two min. rule when a rabbit is jumped. I hope that everyone is ok with these rules, we are trying to get everyone involved in the two couple pack. We have been running the DSTCP Championship for quite some time using the AKC rules and have had limited turnout for the trial, thought that a different format would help with the turnout.

James Hough
Cottonland Beagle Club.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
As stated in Hounds & Hunting, Tri-Tronics Collar, Purina Feed, Deep South Jacket & Gailey Trophy (The Gailey trophy was donated to the DSBGF in memory of William F. Gailey) to first place pack. Purina Feed to 2nd-5th place packs. It will be a good day make plans to attend.

James Hough

1 - 20 of 21 Posts