Rabbit Dogs banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

· Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is my 3rd round with COVID. I went a year and a half without getting it since the second time. I didn't get any of the shots except the first initial ones. That was only due to my work threatening to fire anyone who didn't get it by a certain date. Shortly before that date arrived they backed down though, I wasn't tough enough to call their bluff. I feel like I did the second time I had the virus; headache, sinus pressure, long running fever, extreme body aches. Today is day 2-3 and I feel much better and am on the mend. Fever has broke and aches are easing up. Hoping I'll be good for another year and a half haha my wife woke up this morning with a sore back and light cough. I feel like she probably has it. Hoping to keep it from the kids now but that's a hard task. Hope everybody out there in the rabbit woods are stayin well!

· Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I was supposed to go to work on Sunday night and my back started hurting around 6:00pm. I laid down on heating pad and fell asleep until about 8:00pm and I woke up and felt AWFUL! I took some over the counters and went on into work but kept on and on feeling worse. I left work at 2:30am and came home. Got tested yesterday morning and it came back quick positive. @Jim orman rabbit hunter I dont think its going anywhere either but seems like its not hurting people like it once was. My Papa turned 87 on the 17th of this month and he caught it right around his birthday. He said he ran a fever for a day or so then was fine. Just gonna be another flu I believe we just get used to it. My son brought home hand,foot,mouth disease from school last year around Thanksgiving and I got that from him (most adults dont get that but the CAN) and it WHOOPED me! Way worse that COVID ever has. Ill take COVID over hand foot mouth anytime haha @lp51 they offered me the pill but said that it created a high risk to get doubled up with COVID and catch it again right after getting better so I opted out. I feel a lot better today and think it's about over with. Hopefully no relapse! I just hate it my son and I won't make it to the hunt.

· Registered
5,521 Posts
I hope you get to feeling better soon . So far I have avoided getting it that I know of . I have been sick 3 times since April of 22 . I did the home test and they were all negative . I started keeping my nephews kids one or two days a week starting last April . I hadn’t been sick in over 8 years until I started keeping them . They were sick again Saturday before last and their momma texted me one day last week and asked if I could keep the kids last Friday . I didn’t reply . They were running a fever of 103 and had to go to the doctor that Saturday . They said it was just a virus going around .

· Registered
1,091 Posts
I hope you get over it quickly and feel better.

My wife, 4 adult children, daughters inlaws, son inlaw, dad and myself all had it back in Dec. of 2020. My one son and daughter inlaw (both RN's at two of the biggest hospitals in the state were forced to get the shots) and one daughter chose to get them, the rest of us haven't.
The only ones to have contracted it since are the ones that got the shots. I'm sure glad the rest of us didn't fall for all the hysteria.

I have co-workers that have had all the shots and boosters and they continue to get covid, some of them 3 times now!

· Registered
1,512 Posts
I hope you get over it quickly and feel better.

My wife, 4 adult children, daughters inlaws, son inlaw, dad and myself all had it back in Dec. of 2020. My one son and daughter inlaw (both RN's at two of the biggest hospitals in the state were forced to get the shots) and one daughter chose to get them, the rest of us haven't.
The only ones to have contracted it since are the ones that got the shots. I'm sure glad the rest of us didn't fall for all the hysteria.

I have co-workers that have had all the shots and boosters and they continue to get covid, some of them 3 times now!
But But our esteemed president and Rabbitdogs.net expert said if we got the shot we wouldn’t get Covid, you all must have something else (y) hope you all get to feeling better

· Registered
1,512 Posts
Nobody said the vaccine totally prevents Covid, but definitely is/was effective in preventing serious illness in the vast majority of people. Saved many many lives worldwide - probably millions. We are fully boosted here and plan to stay that way! Hope you are ok DaddyR.
I respectfully beg to differ if I had the skills to post it I can show you video of Biden saying, get the shot and you won’t get Covid , same with the esteemed Dr F, funny how people like to go back and edit or deny what was said. By the way I recently heard a report that of recent deaths caused by Covid the % of vaccinated was higher than in the unvaccinated,

· Registered
270 Posts
When the vaccines came out, my doctor recommended I take one because of age and previous cancer/health issues, only one available in my area was J&J, right after taking it, a red raised worm looking C shape popped up on my left hand between middle knuckle and around my finger, still there today year later, second shot was Pfizer, month later got Covid, tried to weather it out at home, started like sinus infection, few days it dropped in my chest and spent 9 days in hospital with pneumonia and while there moved me to cardiac floor, couldn’t regulate heart rate, drop below 40 and then if I got out of bed 180 to 200
Finally got it somewhat stable with medication that I’ll be on the rest of my life, I live with a rested heart rate of 50, if it gets up to a normal 70 or 80 I feel like I’m having a heart attack
So
This Christmas Eve got Covid again, body aches, low fever, sinus infection symptoms, again had problems breathing and turned into bronchitis, no hospital this time, it was full, went to urgent care, X-ray bronchitis and scaring on lungs from past pneumonia
Antibiotics and streroids starting to improve
6 weeks later better
Nobody else in my family took the shots, son and wife had Covid light symptoms for bout 2 days
I went to doctor after all this for check up
Been seeing him 25 years
Recommended flu shot, so I took, didn’t recommend pneumonia shot because of heart medication and said don’t take the booster Covid till they have more data
I told him, no more Covid vaccines for me

Attachments

· Registered
1,026 Posts
When the vaccines came out, my doctor recommended I take one because of age and previous cancer/health issues, only one available in my area was J&J, right after taking it, a red raised worm looking C shape popped up on my left hand between middle knuckle and around my finger, still there today year later, second shot was Pfizer, month later got Covid, tried to weather it out at home, started like sinus infection, few days it dropped in my chest and spent 9 days in hospital with pneumonia and while there moved me to cardiac floor, couldn’t regulate heart rate, drop below 40 and then if I got out of bed 180 to 200
Finally got it somewhat stable with medication that I’ll be on the rest of my life, I live with a rested heart rate of 50, if it gets up to a normal 70 or 80 I feel like I’m having a heart attack
So
This Christmas Eve got Covid again, body aches, low fever, sinus infection symptoms, again had problems breathing and turned into bronchitis, no hospital this time, it was full, went to urgent care, X-ray bronchitis and scaring on lungs from past pneumonia
Antibiotics and streroids starting to improve
6 weeks later better
Nobody else in my family took the shots, son and wife had Covid light symptoms for bout 2 days
I went to doctor after all this for check up
Been seeing him 25 years
Recommended flu shot, so I took, didn’t recommend pneumonia shot because of heart medication and said don’t take the booster Covid till they have more data
I told him, no more Covid vaccines for me
Dag on Big G, didn’t realize you had been through all that but glad you’re better and will pray you don’t ever have it again!!! Stay tough!!

· Registered
151 Posts
No one in my immediate family took the vaccine. I only got covid once, last November. It wasnt any fun. It has spiked up pretty good in China. That was one of my questions before entering Costa Rica a week ago was if I had been to China recently. No one is allowed in if they were in China within a certain time frame.

· Registered
1,775 Posts
Couple weeks ago I had my second round with COVID Wife also Felt bad a day or two but no issues other than having to miss time from work I like to save my sick time for when I feel good😁No vaccine for either of us Bothe daughters were required to have the vaccine Both work in healthcare and received 2 doses of the Moderna vaccine Both had problems with their hearts racing for no reason with the youngest having to wear a heart monitor and take medication for a month Perfectly healthy 20 and 26 year olds STRAIGHT BS that they were required to take the shot Remember the shot does not stop the contraction or spread of the virus Take it if you want but don’t tell me I got to

1 - 20 of 38 Posts