Rabbit Dogs banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I read on a forum that you can dilute Dominion 2L Termite Pesticide and apply the same as Advantage. Does anyone have input on this?

·
Registered
616 Posts
I've used Termidor, which has active ingredient fipronil,in a 10:1 dilution.Worked great.Do a search,there was something about this a week or two ago.

·
Premium Member
258 Posts
9 ounces of diminion to 18 ounces of water, the put 1.5cc on 13" hounds and 2.5cc on 15" hounds, just squirt on back of dog near shoulder blades.

·
Registered
3,688 Posts
Useage

Once a month.

Oh, the 2L in the Dominon stands for 2 liters, which is 27.5 oz.

Imidacioprid is the active ingredient in Advantage for dogs. The dog formula has 9.10 percent Imidacioprid. Mixing 9 oz of Dominion to 18 oz of water gives you a 9 percent mix. Make sure you shake the bottle of Dominion well to mix the Imidacioprid well before measuring 9 ounces, then shake the mixture of 9 oz to 18 oz water well before applying the the dog. I use a syringe and draw the dosage needed for my dogs, usually 1 1/2 CC for my 13" dogs and 2 to 2 1/2 CC for my 15" dogs. Start from the shoulders or neck area and work toward the tail until the syringe is empty then take the syringe and rub it in well into the coat where applied. Not an instant kill, but within a few days all fleas will be off the dog. You will need to spray the perimeter of your kennels with a sprayer mix to eliminate the fleas on the ground, might take a couple of times. Once you break the breeding cycle of the fleas, a monthly application on the dogs will do it. I don't use it year round, just during the summer months to the fall. In some instances where fleas are a big problem it may take a year round application on the dogs.

This will work, give it a try, Dominon is cheap. I get it from epestsolutions for about $25. I spray my house for termites with it and also us it on my fruit trees. A bottle will last forever if used as the mixture for dogs, but has many uses. Works on ants also, but as on fleas takes about 3 days before all ants will be dead, but will kill the whole mound.

http://www.epestsolutions.com/dominion-2l-21_4-imidacloprid.html

·
Registered
3,688 Posts
Bred Female

Franco

No, I have not used it on a female once bred. I breed only one female a year. Once bred I keep her seperate from the other dogs and do not us Dominion on her. I tried to do the research on it by searching if Advantage for dogs was safe for bred females but cannot find anything on it.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Useage

Once a month.

Oh, the 2L in the Dominon stands for 2 liters, which is 27.5 oz.

Imidacioprid is the active ingredient in Advantage for dogs. The dog formula has 9.10 percent Imidacioprid. Mixing 9 oz of Dominion to 18 oz of water gives you a 9 percent mix. Make sure you shake the bottle of Dominion well to mix the Imidacioprid well before measuring 9 ounces, then shake the mixture of 9 oz to 18 oz water well before applying the the dog. I use a syringe and draw the dosage needed for my dogs, usually 1 1/2 CC for my 13" dogs and 2 to 2 1/2 CC for my 15" dogs. Start from the shoulders or neck area and work toward the tail until the syringe is empty then take the syringe and rub it in well into the coat where applied. Not an instant kill, but within a few days all fleas will be off the dog. You will need to spray the perimeter of your kennels with a sprayer mix to eliminate the fleas on the ground, might take a couple of times. Once you break the breeding cycle of the fleas, a monthly application on the dogs will do it. I don't use it year round, just during the summer months to the fall. In some instances where fleas are a big problem it may take a year round application on the dogs.

This will work, give it a try, Dominon is cheap. I get it from epestsolutions for about $25. I spray my house for termites with it and also us it on my fruit trees. A bottle will last forever if used as the mixture for dogs, but has many uses. Works on ants also, but as on fleas takes about 3 days before all ants will be dead, but will kill the whole mound.

http://www.epestsolutions.com/dominion-2l-21_4-imidacloprid.html
Hi. How much would I mix for a 70-90 lbs German shepherd

1 - 10 of 10 Posts