Rabbit Dogs banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5,289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yesterday was the opening day of firearms season and running them with hounds here . Last night a hound showed up at my house about 11 pm . It wasn’t wearing a gps collar , only a name collar . It wouldn’t let me catch it to call the owner . It stayed around all night making my dogs bark all night . I get up this morning and he is still here . That made me not run my dogs this morning . He must have finally decided to leave when I was feeding my dogs this morning . I texted a guy in a club that I let run dogs on my property to see if they lost one and he said that they caught all of theirs . I can see why deer hounds get a bad name and get ban . I don’t put up with a nuisance with my own dogs . He wasn’t barking just running around all over the yard making my dogs bark all night . I felt bad for him out all night as cold as it got , that is probably why he had to keep moving , to stay warm .

·
Registered
244 Posts
This day and time deer hunters should have tracker collars on all their hounds
Buck can carry a hound for a long ride
Back in the day before tracker collars always tried my best to make sure all my beagles were accounted for but there was always that one no matter how much looking and searching you just couldn’t come up with it
I’d lay my coat down where I turned out at and 9 out of 10 times he/she would be right there next morning
Much easier these days with tracker collars

1 - 4 of 4 Posts