Rabbit Dogs banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,576 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a dog that has a hacking cough. I’ve only had her for a month but every time I run her the coughing returns. Takes a week to get some better but never goes completely away. She acts fine. Any suggestions on cause or treatment?

·
Registered
5,095 Posts
Nope when my nephews dogs had heartworms they told me to keep giving ivermectin , even while they were being treated . But I guess it could kill them as well as the treatment could , but they don’t tell you to stop monthly heartworm prevention . Well my Vet didn’t , twice , anyway . Sometimes they treat them for heart worms with a series of high doses of ivermectin .

·
Registered
473 Posts
Both of my nephews dogs that were treated never were the same dog again running . I took one to the pound and the other one is on the cull list if she has problems this season .
I was hoping to get her back in really good shape and have a littler because she a pretty good dang rabbit dog from what I’ve saw so far and well bred, but I’m not sure she’ll ever get to have another

·
Premium Member
2,056 Posts
I had one that had lung fungus. Thought it was kennel cough but didn’t act exactly like kennel cough. When I ran her she would cough and at times she would cough. It turned out to be a lung fungus they put her on heavy antibiotics and she is running great today

1 - 15 of 15 Posts