Rabbit Dogs banner

Dog humping bad

10K views 53 replies 33 participants last post by  Rock Bottom kennels 
#1 ·
What’s everyone solution to keep a male from humping other males... added a new dog and he wont give up... dosent seem to be any fighting just tons of humping until dog gets irritated.... curious how to stop this??? Really cant put with different dogs cause he does the same thing and all my kennels are set up for 3 dog sets

#5 ·
Shock collar. My male beagles were trying to ride my young 6mo old female lab puppy like non stop a few wks ago in my dog lot. I strapped collars on um and watched from a distance. When they tried again i used everything the transmitter offered and lit their world. Hammered them both twice and they came back to her real hesitant, one got close enoigh to her and was sniffing her i hammered his ass again. Neither have mess with her since.

#24 ·
Had a German shepherd male that would occasionally hump the male yard beagle I have. So my curious 7 year old asks what they’re doing. My explanation was “he’s showing him who’s boss. It’s a dominance thing”. Days later we’re going down the highway and Cole shouts “look dad that cow’s showing that other cow who’s boss”

#33 ·
I had a young pointer that I let a older kennel mate male get away with doing that and I came home to a dead older dog one day . Live and learn. Had to eventually put the pointer down for fighting, he fought to kill. I wondered if my neglegence made him that way or if hed turned out that way anyway. I was in my early 20s. Ide get it stopped SOON or get em gone.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.