Rabbit Dogs banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey I rember back a few months ago there was a thread about who feeds what dog foods I have fed several from black dimond and purina health balance even science diet which i must admit was a great food while i was running my dogs and with a coupon in every bag was not too bad on the wallet. untill the coupons stopped in the bags that was. lol. Recently a buddy of mine and I were talking about dog foods and he was saying his dad always fed Joy dog food. said there used to be one lil grocey that carried it in town which has long since been closed. his dad was a hound man from beagles to walkers mr. Billy always had hounds. So I am thinking this mite be worth looking into. I have gone to their website and have not been able to find a dealer list. or anything. also tholught I would see if any of yall have heard of it and had any input on feeding it?

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
I use to feed Joy and liked it. This was 15 years or so ago and probably fed it for about 10 years. If I'm not mistaken, it came from a distributor around Memphis, TN. I was at a trial last year and some of the boys from TN were talking about feeding it. Sorry I can't be any more help but I will ask around and see if I can find out where you can get it. Where are you located?

·
Registered
2,050 Posts
I fed it for a long time and I liked it. I had a feed store back then and sold Joy. It was a little higher priced but not much. My hounds did real well on it and it wasn't hard to keep the concrete kennel clean either. I would feed it today if I could buy it locally.

Roger

·
Registered
75 Posts
I have fed Black Gold, Diamond, Pazazz, and Hi Tek. I have my opinion about each and a reason that I switched when I did.

I have been on Enhance (Hunters Edge) for a while now with no issues. Good food at a good price. Good stools, good coat, plenty of stamina for an all day run. It is made with "chicken meal" and not "chicken by-product meal". Without going into great detail, look at the wikipedia definetion for both and make your own decesion. I have worked at a beef processing plant and can tell you "by-product" is not what I would like to feed anything. Just my opinion. If I had to, I would feed Black Gold again.

Chris Havard

·
Registered
274 Posts
Joy

I am currently feeding Joy, (always have) and I am very satisfied with the results. You can buy it around Ardmore, Al/Tn at The Saddle Rack.

·
Registered
276 Posts
There is a dealer in Trenton, TN. I believe that sells Joy. Kevin Daniels feeds it. I fee Country Value in the blue bag and dogs seem to do good on it. Been feeding it for about 2 yrs now and have raised all my pups on it.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
thanks for the input guys I am in columbia tn bout an hr south of nashville ardmore is bout an hr south which wouldnt be bad just have to plan a trip and buy a lil ahead. I work in nashvill so if anyone knows of a dealer there any input would be appriciated. I know several guys trying to find it. lol Like its made of gold. thanks for all the help guys

·
112 Posts
I get mine from wade green in trenton tn 731 414 0011 five min from home. Feed the 24/20 pay 19.00 tax included best feed i have every fed.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts