Rabbit Dogs banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
790 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I can't believe how much the prices of dog food has went up! I went to the store yesterday to pickup some of the Pride black bag, its went up to 35.99 for 50lbs! That seemed very high compared to what it was. Thanks Biden for all your help. The regular price around here was, 24.99.

·
Premium Member
895 Posts
I’m suspicious. Why? I have a few cows in the pasture. I buy 50lbs bags of cattle cubes for them. The price is $12.50 a bag now, up from $10.50 six months ago. $2 increase per bag is not too bad. Why is the price of dog food rising by so much more? Is it shipping costs? Ingredients in the food costing more? Or is it greed? Any ideas or thoughts?

·
Registered
2,317 Posts
Price inflation is bad all over the world right now. France, England are about the same as us. Saw Turkey was seeing an inflation rate of 75%.

I just ordered 12 bags of Tops Prime Energy 24/20. I hate to see what the price will be when it arrives next week.

·
Premium Member
315 Posts
But for people in Hong Kong, $5 or $6 per gallon would be a tremendous relief.
The price per gallon in U.S. dollars in that country currently stands at $11.35, according to globalpetrolprices.com, which tracks average prices around the world. Hong Kong holds the dubious honor of having the world’s most expensive gas at the moment.

he average salary in Hong Kong is 439,000 HKD (Hong Kong Dollar) per year. This amounts to USD 56,178 as per the exchange rates in February 2022.

I had no idea that Biden was president of Hong Kong as well.

·
Registered
87 Posts
I'm as guilty as the next guy believing my dogs need the highest price feed I can afford. Back when my Dad and Grandad had beagles they fed table scrapes, cornbread and what dog feed they did use was such poor quality you could see the hair and chips of bone of the animal used to make it. We were told they used horse's, cow, pigs and whatever was available. I was just a kid and tagged along but my Dad, Grandad and Uncles always killed plenty of rabbits and the dogs ran all day. Yes I believe in feeding my dogs a high quality feed, but I do know I don't have to.

·
Registered
170 Posts
I switched off of ProPlan , I couldn’t take that $75 dollar a bag . I would imagine this might make some food manufacturers to cut the quality of their ingredients if their profits drop to much . Human food companies try to trick us by putting less in the packages .)
I switched too and don’t have to worry about sending in receipts

1 - 20 of 36 Posts