Rabbit Dogs banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
One of my beagles eyes are all matted up and swollen, looks to me like some kind of mucus is in her eyes. I was wondering if anyone have had this same problem and what to do about it?

·
Registered
2,827 Posts
My dogs get it from time to time. I don't know but I credit it to all the pollon and junk they sniff this time of year. When it happens I flush with water followed by visine daily, until clear. This works for me.

·
Registered
2,827 Posts
MrMegal,
Hows that dogs eyes. I had one come home the other night with the same problem. I used visine and a benedryl. The eye looked a lot better the next day.I used visine for 2 more days.

·
Premium Member
1,784 Posts
Our vet said not to use visine on the dogs so we use natural tears and water if that doesn't clear it up we will put some triple antibiotic ointment in their eyes.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Rosco,
Her eyes are doing fine, I cleaned them out with q-tips for a couple of day and I had some prescription sinus eyes drops that was laying around so I used it on her and all is well now.

·
Registered
2,827 Posts
Our vet said not to use visine on the dogs so we use natural tears and water if that doesn't clear it up we will put some triple antibiotic ointment in their eyes.
Stave,
Did your vet say why he didn,tlike visine ?
I will find a new eye medication I was just wondering what he said.

·
Premium Member
1,784 Posts
Stave,
Did your vet say why he didn,tlike visine ?
I will find a new eye medication I was just wondering what he said.
he told us if they had any scratches in their eye that visine wasn't good for them and he recommended to use the natural tears

·
Registered
116 Posts
the same thing happened to my dad's pup when she was just about 8 weeks old. tried the eye drops and all the junk cleared up, but her eye has remained cloudy ever since.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts