Rabbit Dogs banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’ve got a young gyp that drools horribly in the dog box. Never pukes but in a 5 mile trip she drools to the point where she is completely soaked. Just wondering if there is anything I can do to cut it out.

·
Premium Member
1,006 Posts
Seems like that is a common trait with Beagles-the two that I am very familiar with both ,as they got older, grew out of it. My running Buddy has one that always gets sick he quit feeding her the nite B 4 we run and that helped

·
Registered
137 Posts
I have a buddy that gives his pups ginger snap cookies before he hauls them. He claims the ginger keeps them from getting sick. If it doesn't work you have a box of cookies to eat. 😁

·
Registered
3,107 Posts
I was told once to give them benadryl half hour before you leave but I dont remember if I ever did it. They either grow out of it or get gone from here. From a young age I will ride mine on the 4 wheeler or kawasaki mule so they get use to riding. Another tip I was given would be to hook chains to a barrel or box off the ground in the kennels. They sleep in them and get use to the motion.

·
Registered
3,785 Posts
Just like some children, she is getting motion sickness. Eventually she will get over it. Same as getting sea sickness in a boat. Needs repetitions of riding in her dog box. JMHO

1 - 7 of 7 Posts